Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
I have 10 main event categories. For each event category I have multiple country destinations. So category1 has 15 sub categories (15 countries). Category 2 has 18 subcategories (18 countries). Category 3 has 24 subcategories (24 countries). and so on, etc. The problem is in the front end advanced Event search. The category drop down then contains ALL of the categories in a drop down list, which looks awful... (70 or 80 with each country listed). Is it possible to have a category filter. When I select the top category 1 there is another drop-down populated with the country sub categories?
I don't mind hard coding if anyone has a snippet of code which will allow me to do this.
Thank you for contacting us.
This can be done but will be rather extensive customization.
As much as I'd love to help, your request is beyond what we're able to do for customers.
Please, consider to hire a professional developer who will implement this feature for you:
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you