Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Please change my support site to chapmansreach.org

7 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gary
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gary.

Thank you for contacting us.
This si your 3rd supported domain.
Please, note that no further changes will be possible.
If you'll need another domain to be supported, you'll need to purchase another license.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gary
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Are you kidding me? I wonder if the owner of your company shares your short-sighted opinion of not allowing me to change my domain. My customers can change their domain name all they want and I will respond accordingly to keep their business. I would hope you would do the same. My company has staging sites setup to test buggy new software releases (including yours!!!) before going live. Are you telling me you won't support the staging sites which are sub-domains? Your service has always been questionable at best (in my opinion) and this response to a very simple request irks me to no end. Apparently the message of customer comes first ended up in your spam folder. Do you really think I would tell my customers how great JomSocial is after a response like this?

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gary.

Yes CEO shares my opinion in that matter as it's part of our EULA www.jomsocial.com/license-agreement (please read Usage terms).

When you purchased JomSocial you ware noticed that we could support ONE domain/site and ONE staging/dev/test site.
You provide supported domain right after purchase but may define dev site every time you post on support forum: snag.gy/a5f2eF.jpg Also you may install JomSocial on as many sites you want. But as I mentioned - only ONE will be supported.

Knowing all of this - if you if you are web developer and install JomSocial on many customer sites - you should rather purchase separated licenses for each customer. In other case you'll constantly ask us to change supported domain ad in a fact will have more than ONE supported with one license.

So you may have staging/dev/test sites but they should be a copy of live site or at least contain the same material... and don't be totally different sites.

To sum things up - if you're a web developer and provide web building services to your customers you should consider:
- purchase separated JomSocial licenses per customer
- purchase JomSocial Developer license (allows to have up to 5 supported domains): www.jomsocial.com/products/products/4-di...social-developer/215

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński