Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Invite friends feature in not working

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Teresa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

Invite friends feature is not working. I am trying to invite friend by email. Form submit but no info message after click on Send Invitation button that the invitation sent or not and not going email to inviting friend's email. Kindly check.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please changing your email settings at joomla global configuration into SMTP instead of PHP Mailer.
with PHP Mailer the email header not valid and will marked as spam at some email server.

after that you need to setup jomsocial cron job:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_Up_Cron_Job

you can asking your hosting support about how to setup it at your server.

I have checked the invitation mail exist at jomsocial emails queue at backend. you can see that email status (sent or not)

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Teresa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus

I have changed email setting in Joomla global configuration into SMTP and have setup cron job in cronless.com and in hosting as well.

About screenshot, it seems you are sending invitation from user profile. My main concern is to invite friend from invite button on event (screenshot attached). Kindly check.

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I made a test, and the invitation email was sent to my email and exist at jomsocial email queue

Regards

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teresa
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński