Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Copy Events to Game Time

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Greetings Pro's,
I have a new application that I would like to add to my social media site, www.madd-talent.com . What would make this very simple to do is take everything involved with "Event's" and copying all of it, but renaming it all to "Game Time". This would allow me to have both "Event's" and my new application "Game Time". Once all the code, php, css and other items are all copied correctly to "Game Time", all I need to do is change the words that are used in the "Events" module.
I don't mind trying to do this if you can send me a complete list of the files that I would need to copy and then modify.

Thanks,

David

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please make new file by copying:
/modules/mod_community_events/tmpl/default.php
into same location

after that goto modules manager, open Game Time > advanced, and change the alternative layout.

edit that new file, and please changing any code like this:

JText::_('any text')
to
JText::_('your new text for game time')

Regards

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Albertus,
I found the file exactly where it's supposed to be. Now, when I copy this file, I can only assume that I must give it a new name so it can be distinguished from the other that is currently there, "default.php" Is it safe to assume I can call this file something like "maddtalenttimesfootball.php" and save that new file to the same folder?

Also, I have the code that is in that .php file and is it safe to assume that I can change the text
"<span class="month"><?php echo CEventHelper::formatStartDate($event, JText::_('M') ); ?></span>" and then change JText::_('Game Time Football')

Am I correct in this as well?
I am assuming that the text I am changing to 'Game Time Football' indicates the category that this module will use to select the new Game Time Events to choose from and place within this module. Is this correct? If that is the case, then do I need to create new categories for each of the MADD Talent Game Time events like;

Game Time Football
Game Time Baseball
Game Time Basketball
Game Time Hockey
Game Time Soccer

If this is correct, where exactly do i go to create these categories?

Thanks,

David

<?php
/**
* @copyright (C) 2015 iJoomla, Inc. - All rights reserved.
* @license GNU General Public License, version 2 ( www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html )
* @author iJoomla.com <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
* @url www.jomsocial.com/license-agreement
* The PHP code portions are distributed under the GPL license. If not otherwise stated, all images, manuals, cascading style sheets, and included JavaScript *are NOT GPL, and are released under the IJOOMLA Proprietary Use License v1.0
* More info at www.jomsocial.com/license-agreement
*/
defined('_JEXEC') or die();
?>

<?php if ($events) { ?>

<ul class="joms-list--event">
<?php foreach ($events as $event) { ?>
<li class="joms-media--event" <?php if (!empty($event->summary)): ?>title="<?php echo CStringHelper::escape($event->summary); ?>" <?php endif; ?>>
<div class="joms-media__calendar">
<?php
$datestr = strtotime($event->getStartDate());
$day = date('d', $datestr);
$month = date('M', $datestr);
$year = date('y', $datestr);
?>
<span class="month"><?php echo CEventHelper::formatStartDate($event, JText::_('M') ); ?></span>
<span class="date"><?php echo CEventHelper::formatStartDate($event, JText::_('d') ); ?></span>
</div>
<div class="joms-media__body">
<h4 class="reset-gap"><a href="<?php echo $event->getLink(); ?>"><?php echo CStringHelper::escape($event->title); ?></a></h4>
<div class="joms-gap--small"></div>
<span class="joms-block"> <?php echo CStringHelper::escape($event->location); ?></span>
<a href="<?php echo $event->getGuestLink(COMMUNITY_EVENT_STATUS_ATTEND); ?>">
<?php echo JText::sprintf((!CStringHelper::isSingular($event->confirmedcount)) ? 'COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_ATTANDEE_COUNT_MANY' : 'COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_ATTANDEE_COUNT', $event->confirmedcount); ?>
</a>
</div>
</li>
<?php } ?>
</ul>
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="cEmpty"><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_NOT_CREATED') ?></div>
<?php } ?>

<small><a class="joms-button--link" href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=events'); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_FRONTPAGE_VIEW_ALL_EVENTS'); ?></a></small>

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Albertus,
I tried to follow your directions explicitly, but I did something wrong. I left everything up that I created so you could look at it. I am sure that whatever mistake I made on one, I made on them all. The pages in question are here;

madd-talent.com/mtgametime/gtfootball
madd-talent.com/mtgametime/gtbaseball
madd-talent.com/mtgametime/gtbasketball
madd-talent.com/mtgametime/gthockey
madd-talent.com/mtgametime/gtsoccer

Those are the only custom modules that I have created or will need at this point. I don't know what part I got incorrect, but if you look at the pages, you will see I got something incorrect. I don't know what, but I suspect it was the name of the .php files that I created. I think. If you can, please take a look and let me know where I am wrong so I can fix it please.

Thanks,

David

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please give me time for this. do you have FTP access detail? so I can do faster for you.

Regards

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Albertus,
Please don't worry about keeping me waiting. You're a huge help and it's worth waiting for. I do have FTP information and I think this is what you are looking for.

I hope that is what you are looking for. If not, please let me know how I can give you access to my client C-Panel so you can get what you need.

Davdi

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please check it. I made new custom module for you, called: JS Events With Category Filter.

and I made example at Game Time Basketball

Please remove JS events module from that created for Game Time pages, and create new module by using JS Events With Category Filter.
on that module setting you can put event category ID, you can get event category ID from events setting at jomsocial backend

Regards

Attachments:
8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Albertus,
This is getting very nice. I think I understand what you did and I have copied the new module you created and renamed each one,
GT-Baseball
GT-Basketball
GT-Football
GT-Hockey
GT-Soccer
Now that I have these event modules that are filtered by "Category", I will assume all I need to do is create a new event, and select the appropriate category for each event as I create it. Now, how do I go into each of these new modules and make the category selection so that the events that the new events that are created appear on the correct module?

Thanks and you are now, without a doubt my favorite Pro,

David

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Albertus,
You're brilliant. It works perfectly. I just figured out how to set all of this up and it works perfectly.

Thank you so much,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński