Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Featured Events Issues...

8 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I am not sure if this is something that was overlooked by the programmers, but the featured events function is not very user friendly and hopefully you can help me make it an easier process...

1. Featured events obviously have an expiration date (when the event ends) and mixed with a limit of I think 10 total featured event tags, it doesn't make it very user friendly as we have to then go back through previous events and "un-feature" them before we can use the tag again.

How can I make it so when the featured event expires, the featured event tag is also automatically removed so we can use it on newer upcoming events? We currently have over 700 events at any given time so having to search through previous events is very cumbersome.

2. Probably easier to answer, but how do I increase the number of featured events or remove the limit altogether? Thanks,

Adam

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adam.

I remember that this issue was present in one of previous versions.
I can't login to your sites so... what version you're referring to?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adam
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I haven't upgraded to .14 yet, I am still on .12. Could this have been solved in the last two versions?

Adam

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adam.

Please, upgrade to JomSocial 4.1.4 and check if issue persist.
If yes, please, update this thread and I'll report it to our developer.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adam
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Just did full upgrade to 4.14 and confirm the issue still exists. In the mean time while it's being worked out, what function controls the limit on available featured tags? If I can at least change it to 100 in the mean time, it would buy us some time while a permanent solution is figured out (ie: featured tags expire when the event expires).

Thanks,

Adam

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adam.

Yes, as workaround you may increase limit of featured items in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Layout: i.imgur.com/aKKXMiN.png

I'll report that issue to our developers.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Adam.

Please, try to run cron job and check if "featured" will be removed from old events.
If you don't have configured cron job browse to Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Monitor -> Mail queue -> Execute cron (button upper right).

8 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adam
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michal,

Thank you for following up. My problem right now is that the cron job does not seem to be working. I get a 500 error when I do it manually from the backend, and it appears that not all the profile/avatar images are being uploaded to Amazon s3. It feels like it's backlogged so I am not sure how to proceed on this one...

Adam

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, ADam.

Ok, so let me assign developer to your thread now, to help you fix cron job.
After it will be fixed, please check if cron job clears "featured" for old events.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

its a bug, but that bug will be fixed at 4.1.5.
here the fix that I put:
/components/com_community/tables/event.php on line 99 and 105
change

$date->setOffset
to
$date->setTimezone

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński