Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Missing images and descriptiom when sharing discussions on facebook

8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jens
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Hi, when sharing discussions on facebook the images are missing and the description.
Now I have seen a few issues with the same or similar problem and tried the solutions, but I either can't seem to find similar settings or it doesn't help.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Create discussion
2 Share discussion on facebook
RESULT Not showing description and showing wrong image or not at all, the group image
EXPECTED RESULT showing the description and the image from the group
BROWSER, Firefox. Safari

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jens.

But it does display group AVATAR:
prntscr.com/88mm7e
prntscr.com/88mmia

Just make sure that group is NOT private.

You may use FB debug tool to see what information is fetched and scrape new data: developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jens
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michael
No it doesn't display group avatar.

In that case how do I set the group to not being private, I thought it was public?

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jens.

In your case it become quite clear.
Group pages inherit menu item ID from item "Min side" with ID which is set for registered only.
Now try to access - being NOT logged in this page: ude-motion.dk/index.php/min-side/viewdis...discussion?groupid=7
You'll be asked to log in.

So when FB tries to reach this page... it can't view page details as it's for registered only. Thus no image can be fetched.

This will only work for PUBLIC access pages.

So you'll need to rebuilt your menu items. Delete menu items that lead directly to JomSocial toolbar menu items (in a fact they are duplicated) and rather use menu aliases. You should also have one menu item that links to JomSocial frontpage and it should be public.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jens
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks - I guess that the root cause

However I've played around with the menu's etc and I cant seem to get rid of the /min-side/ issue (min-side = my-page in English)

No matter how I try to "create discussion" the /min-side/ becomes a part of the URL for the discussion

See atcched screen dump

Attachments:
8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jens
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

By the way:

The menu item FORUM is to the front of Jomsocial and its public :-)

Can you please elaborate on how I can build and Alias.

As an example the upper right hand module (GRUPPER) is based on the module JS Groups. It is set as public but even so it points to an /min-side/ URL and I've got no clue at all why :-(

8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jens
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I reaaly dont understand why - but adding a menu item in the main menu which is the Jomsocial menu GROUPS make it all Work.

Can I relocate it to somewhere else and still get the same response from the site ??

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jens.

You may create new menu, a hidden menu. Hidden means that it will not be displayed on your site. Just don't display it with any menu module. Then move your menu item to it and that's all :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński