Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Event search doesn't work

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Heather
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Site:

www.givebackcollincounty.org

When I search for events using my location, it shows my location as Collin County, TX (pretty broad), but doesn't find any events within a 10 mile search radius...and there are several events available within that radius.

Need a solution ASAP as this is a critical element to the site.

I have updated to latest version of JS

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Heather,

could you please provide me FTP access detail by editing your first post at this topic and put it at site info form.
I can't provide solution ASAP because I need to investigating this issue first.

for temporary please try to increase radius search at events setting (jomsocial backend)

basically jomsocial using google map API to get coordinate value from nearby input.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Heather
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I can't add to the original post... but I added to THIS post. Please note the LIVE site is not the same domain as it is now LIVE on a different host. I have TRIED to update the records but it is not taking a second URL.

Also, when we just search a date range...nothing shows as a result...even though we are searching for events with known dates (shown on events).

And... taking into account the mile radius, we ran a few tests and went up to 20 miles...however, events within 10 miles didn't show up.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Heater,

1) for changing support domain, you can open new topic at billing category

2) if date range in same date. will bring empty result. this is a valid bug. please wait for the fixes.

3) Jomsocial using gmap API to convert location into latitude and longitude. the calculation depend with gmap API I suggest you to keep radius more than 10 miles.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński