Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Frontend iCal .ics Football Fixtures Event Import issue?...

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi There,

I'm trying to import my local football teams fixture list in to my sites "Events" and I have done this by way of downloading the .ics calendar file with the fixtures within the file and then selected via my sites frontend "Events>Import".

Once I'd opened the event calendar .ics file I proceeded to check ALL 46 entires and also changed "No. of Seats" from 0 to 30 in each listing and then I selected the "Upload" button.

It took me ages to manually do the above and this was the disappointing result;

Attachment js_events_error.JPG not found

It's imported the first listing in the .ics calendar and NOT ALL the seperate 46 listings, one fixture against a certain opposition football club but it's only showing 46 against the same team, which is why I'm asking why this may have happened?

Is the iCal calendar where I'm trying to import these fixtures in to my sites Events Calendar.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,
Rob

Attachments:
9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Is the iCal calendar where I'm trying to import these fixtures in to my sites Events Calendar.

Robert wrote: Hi There,

I'm trying to import my local football teams fixture list in to my sites "Events" and I have done this by way of downloading the .ics calendar file with the fixtures within the file and then selected via my sites frontend "Events>Import".

Once I'd opened the event calendar .ics file I proceeded to check ALL 46 entires and also changed "No. of Seats" from 0 to 30 in each listing and then I selected the "Upload" button.

It took me ages to manually do the above and this was the disappointing result;

Attachment js_events_error.JPG not found

It's imported the first listing in the .ics calendar and NOT ALL the seperate 46 listings, one fixture against a certain opposition football club but it's only showing 46 against the same team, which is why I'm asking why this may have happened?

Regards,
Rob

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Robert.

Please attach ical file here so I could do a test on my site.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply, I seem to be having problems with the forum the past 48 hours or so and didn't get the warning that only specific file types could be uploaded, now tonight I see the warning so please find attached a zip file to conform to what file types are allowed here and inside the zip file you will find the specific .ics file I'm trying to import to my sites JS Events.

You will note 40+ football fixtures for my team in the .ics file and I need to select every one and also change the "Category" and "No. of Seats" in each chosen event.

See how you get on anyway and report back any findings, I'll be interested to see if you end up with the same result as I have, the right amount of "chosen ticked" events in the .ics import but ALL the same on the live JS events after import, in effect it seems to only remember the credentials from the first chosen one detail wise but still import all chosen one's even though they end up being incorrectly imported if that makes sense.

Regards,
Rob

Attachment TheSkyBetChampionship.zip not found

Michal wrote: Hi, Robert.

Please attach ical file here so I could do a test on my site.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Robert.

Result is the same. So it's a valid bug and I'll report it to our developers.
I update you with a fix ASAP.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Thank you for testing it and finding the same result as I was getting, at first it was frustrating the heck out of me lol.

It is a 100% massively important feature of our site and it's target audiences requirement, so hopefully a fix won't take too long to come to fruition but of course I'm aware it all has to be done right at JS's end, to make sure any bug fix on this issue, doesn't end up affecting any other elements of the JS core code etc.

However, if you're able to afford me a guestimate timescale that I "could be" waiting, this would be helpful and enable me to put contingencies in place for now regarding this feature we truly need up and running asap.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course and once again your support is much appreciated.

Regards,
Rob

Result is the same. So it's a valid bug and I'll report it to our developers.
I update you with a fix ASAP.

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Robert.

I agree with you that this one is crucial in ical import feature.
Unfortunately I'm unable to provide you with a ETA of patch file...
Sometimes it takes few day... sometime 2 weeks. but for sure it will take less than a month.

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

May I ask, how would I know about a patch file, this may sound ignorant of me but I've never located a bug before on something I'd needed working in JS and hence I don't know what happens and how I am notified of said patch file?

Regards,
Rob

I agree with you that this one is crucial in ical import feature.
Unfortunately I'm unable to provide you with a ETA of patch file...
Sometimes it takes few day... sometime 2 weeks. but for sure it will take less than a month.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Robert.

I apologize for delayed answer - I was on holidays.

I'll update you with a fix that will contain patched files. Also I provide you with full description what files need to be patched.

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Any news of if this is close to a patch yet please, I'm desperate to get this group event batch import with ICAL up and running,, we need it ASAP for our site.

Regards,
Rob

I apologize for delayed answer - I was on holidays.

I'll update you with a fix that will contain patched files. Also I provide you with full description what files need to be patched.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Robert.

I'm sory that you have to wait soo long. But it's really not up to me.
Bug was reported some time agon.
Now, developers need to create a patch file.
As soon they do that I'll provide you with patch files.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Robert.

Please, upgrade JomSocial to 3.2.1.4 and check again.
I tested this version with your file and it seems it works.

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I'm offended that you've "Assumed" that this topic is resolved but in fairness it "Isn't" until I get the damn thing updated and then attempt the .ics calendar imported in to MY sites events feature and then I can confirm it works!!!

Michal wrote: HI, Robert.

Please, upgrade JomSocial to 3.2.1.4 and check again.
I tested this version with your file and it seems it works.

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Michal,

I can now confirm that the ical .ics events import is indeed working for my live site Michal, thank you for your support in aiding me getting this very important feature working.

Regards,
Rob

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński