Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

RSS feed videos and photos

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Sander
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

In the documentation it says that the rss feed option is disabled since version 2.8.2. The thing is, it's visible in the code. So now I get a lot of errors in the Google webmastertools, because the bot can't find them. Is there a way to not show the link in the code?

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Mijn videos feed" href="/redactie-foedies/videos.html?format=feed"/>

Many thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Sander

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Sander,

Since version 2.8, we removed the RSS feed, but you can enable it.. by hacking the code.. please follow this topic www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...d-of-jomsocial#21199

thank you

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Sander
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I never enabled it and would like to disable it. I haven't altered any of the standard options. The RSS feed is not visible on the front-end, but is in the code. Google indexes these feeds even though they don't work.

Why are they visible and how can I disable them?

Many thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Sander

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ehm, weird... we dont have any setting for it, I think this issue cuased by Joomla itself, can you try post this to Joomla forum, please?

thank you

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Sander
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

This is a jomsocial rss feed right? Hoe can this be a Joomla issue? Can you check if this happens in other jomsocial installs to?

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I think joomla detect all jomsocal page and automatically set the format feed there, but I am not sure.. anyway this issue also happens on your another component or not?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński