Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No Event Categroy page title headings (possible bug)

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Jomsocial 3.2.0.5 seems to work great. Thank you. Just need a little help on the events.

In Groups and Video, when we navigate from category to category, the 'category title' (page title) shows properly at the top of the page

eg: Group Cateogry: Business
eg: Video Category: Presentations

However I need to show the same for Events. At the moment there is nothing at the top of the events to show which category we are in. I know this is not a template change but a change to the core coding.

In language files there doesnt seem to be a facility for events, though there is for both groups and video: eg:
COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_CATEGORY_NAME="Groups Category: %1$s"

The code also exists for groups in views/groups/view.html and also for video
in views/video/view.html. But there is nothing for events.

Can someone please guide me as to what code I need to add in views/events/view.html
so that the Event Category titles also show for events. (unless there is an easier way of showing these?)

EDIT

I just noticed some errors on the page views/events/view.html and the code does not look clean. I noticed this from jomcosial 3.2.0.1 to the current 3.2.0.5. Could this be causing this problem? It seems the /* end: UNLIMITED LEVEL BREADCRUMBS PROCESSING */ code is there but something is wrong from line 143 onwards where the php code turns black. This is probably why the Page Title for event categories are not showing.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

This is bug.. we alraedy added this issue to our bug list

thank you

10 years 1 month ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there.

Please extract those files here > \components\com_community\views\ (it'll be included into our next installation package)

And then check the issue once again, it should fix the problem. If not, please let us know and we'll look into this once again.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you for that Chris.

The event category titles are now listing CORRECTLY. HOWEVER, there is one slight language file problem. Before the category title there is the text heading "Groups Category :" This should be "Events Category:" I have looked in the language file and whilst there is an entry for groups (COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_CATEGORY_NAME=) There is no text entry for COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_CATEGORY_NAME=

So I think the pages are pulling the GROUP CATEGORY:.... text rather than the EVENT CATEGORY:....

(perhaps I need to make an adjustment in the views/events/view.html file too?)

10 years 1 month ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Yup, it seems to be a minor bug, I'll ask our developers about it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński