Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Wrong user count in stream

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi

If a user attend to an event, a status message is posted in the stream.

In my example (see attachments), user "bluesmarc and 3 other users" have attended to the event. But the message was generated when the 5th user "karinming" has attended. So there are 5 users, not 4.

The message should be, that user "karinming and 4 other users" have attended

can you take a look on this?

regards

Rolf

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rolf.

Ok, I see your point. I just joined that event. Number of attendee changed but bluesmarc stays as a first mentioned in this stream post...

Does bluesmarc is administrator of this even?
Could you check if this issue apply also to other event?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No bluesmarc is not the eventadmin. That's me... :-)

You have joined the group "Wissenswertes", in stream is posted "supportadmin and 12 others has joined "Wissenswertes".
But there are 20 users who has joined "Wissenswertes".

I have joined the event at 8. Mai. In stream i see only that my user has joined, but there is also the eventadmin who has joined... :-)

regards

Rolf

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michal Dluzak wrote: Number of attendee changed but bluesmarc stays as a first mentioned in this stream post...

It would make sense, that the last user who has attended is listed, not bluesmarc ;-)

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rolf.

I made some research and it seems it's a bug.
On stream FIRST user that joined event is shown instead of LATEST user.
I report it to our developers.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rolf.

Please apply this patch. Copy file to:
(Make safe copy of original file FIRST!)
ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/

Please, post results here.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolf Würgler
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal

It seems that now the last user who has attended is appearing but the user count is still wrong. See attachment...

For testing i have also unattended this event. Then i saw the stream message "Wuegi (that's me) and 4 others attend to event Event Donnerstag...". That means that the messages have no difference between attend or unattend an event !?! Seems there is another bug... ;-)

regards

Rolf

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rolf.

Please, upgrade to current version and check if issue still persist.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal

Updated to 3.2.0.5., now it looks better, but i have one last question.

The eventadmin attends always to the event. So, if there are 3 other users attended, there are totally 4 users attendig the event. In stream i see only the 3 users, but not the admin.

Why is the eventadmin not counted? Is this working as designed?

regards

Rolf

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rolf.

Yes it's designed o work that way. Admin will be not counted (only in attendee list) on the stream as a owner of event (in many cases it's always the same user).

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok, i think you misunderstood my post. I mean that the owner of the event (eventadmin) is not counted and that makes no sense.

If user XY post a new event he becomes the eventadmin. He is automatically attended to his event. Why he is not counted in stream? I don't understand that. Please can you give me the reason? ;-)

regards

rolf

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rolf.

Sure :) It's because when user creates an event (and become it owner) on activity stream appears a big announcement about that... and even more if I set up an event (and I own it) it's quite obvious that I'm attendee too (as it's done by default).

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok, i understand your Point of view. :-)

We have created most of the Events at beginning of the year, so the big announcement is not in stream if the event is upcoming.

The users are asking always the same and they think this is an error!
"Why is the number of attendees in stream not the same as in event?"

I get lots of PNs and emails about that. It seems to be more logical for the users when both values shows the same...

regards

Rolf

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rolf.

Well, it';s all about performance... users want to have a lot features and want them to work in specific way... in other hand they don't care how it will influence system performance... not all of them could afford super-duper server farm like Facebook, right? :)

Streams generate a lot of queries so we need to keep them balanced...

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński