Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Create Event: Location & Event Dates (calendar) don't work

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Vlad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I think there is a conflict with my joomlabamboo template -- location doesn't work and calendar - dates don't work -- can't edit, change them.

Please check and provide solution.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Vlad,

looks like javascript conflict with javascript brought by the template. pls give me time to resolve your issue.

are you already tried using another template? (I want make sure this issue only with joomlabamboo )

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Vlad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, have you been able to fix it?
ps> only using joomlabamboo

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Vlad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I've posted my critical issue few days ago and still no resolution. Can someone please get back to me and fix it -- at least an update on the status would not keep me in the dark? I've got paid version and I expect that certain issues should be fixed in reasonable time.

Also, auto-detect and search doesn't work either.

ps> but not having a fix here, it really delays my site release and really frustrates me as a customer!

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Vlad,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We apparently had a real issue on our forum and some posts simply were not visible for us. I realize this is very late. I will back to you at Monday with the result.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Vlad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok, as you have a new version 3.2 coming out -- I'd probably upgrade -- but can you investigate where the conflict with joomlabamboo is? (maybe the fix could be included in the new 3.2 jomsocial version).

You know -- many people use joomlabamboo templates as they are really good.

thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Vlad

on event page, conflict with your css template
ROOT/templates/newlifestyle/css/themes/redbrown/template.css

is hard to find the conflict location is. but if you take out that CSS, datepicker and etc things will working fine.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Vlad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus, yes this is my template which I plan on using. And it's YOUR component that has a conflict with joomlabamboo template. I'm NOT going to "take out that CSS".

Your explanation provides NO solution to the problem (I knew and you knew it is a conflict). You have to find a solution to make JomSocial COMPATIBLE with JoomlaBamboo templates. I've paid you more money then I paid for that template, you claim to have the "best" social component for joomla -- stick to your promises and provide us necessary support (which we paid for) and solution. Whether it'll have to be overrides or other.

Also, this is taking almost a week. Can I have a resolution asap please?

PS> If you can't resolve the issue in a timely manner or delaying it (saying it's your template problem which we don;t know what to do), I will escalate this issue to Merav Knafo, other people in your team, post on joomla.org, your facebook page, other social medias and forums.

PS2> Here is an ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTIONS: include the compatibility with JoomlaBamboo templates in JomSocial 3.2 version and I'll upgrade. I believe it's coming out this week?

regards
vlad

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Vlad,

please check it again. I made some changes for jQuery datepicker plugin (this is not Jomsocial Plugin, Jomsocial only use this jQuery plugin as standard UI). Datepicker working fine now.

file: components/com_community/assets/jqueryui/datepicker/js/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.js
line 1031: inst.dpDiv.zIndex($(input).zIndex()+9999);

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Vlad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok, datepicker works now.

Can you include this fix and support for joomlabamboo templates in JomSocial 3.2 - which I'm planning to upgrade to?

JoomlaBamboo templates are really popular and really good -- they should be (must be) supported by jomSocial.

let me know
thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Vlad,

Sure, I will include this for our next upgrade

Cheers,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński