Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Events ENabled on backend but DISabled on front end.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Cheryl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I recentlt upgraded from 2.8 to 3.x and tonight I created my first event on the new version. It went through fine & I was able to upload a cover photo. Now however I'm finding that my events page states that "events have been disabled by the site administrator". On the backend, the switch is still set at "ENABLED".

Any ideas? Fixes?

Thanks,
Cheryl

10 years 3 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Cheryl,

I have been login to your frontend and created new event name "Testing".. everythings look great and i didn't see "events have been disabled by the site administrator" message..

If you still have a problem, just let me know and please replicate your problem step by step :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Cheryl
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, David -

I see now the problem: for some reason, all of JomSocial is now requiring logins - you can't view events, groups or profiles without logging in. I don't understand why this is - some things I've confirmed already:

- under "Configuration" I have all default privacy settings set to "public".
- I am running JSPT but all of the profile types are set to be visible for all.
- Both 'groups' and 'events' permit guest searching
- The "Guest" access level in Joomla ACL has permissions to access the JomSocial component

I did make changes (following your tutorial) to remove the login screen from my jomsocial frontpage (because jomsocial is just one element in a larger site) but don't see how that could have affected it. I believe that this issue arose with my update to 3.1.0.1.

What am I missing?? This is very urgent as it prevents me from continuing to market the site (which is live) so I really appreciate your assistance!

Thanks!
Cheryl

10 years 3 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Cheryl,

So do you want every guest level can't access specific menu or component ? only registered user can access this ?

if like that, you can set every menu access to registered.. you can do this in joomla menu manager..

Attachment access.png not found

Warm Regards,

David

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Cheryl
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

No, the opposite (I want them to be viewable by all) but I've solved the problem: There was a setting off in JSPT - my apologies for the fire drill!

... and on that note, can't wait till you all fully integrate ACL into your profile fields so I can do everything I need with JomSocial core!! (I think I saw that is coming up on your road map, no?)

Thanks so much,
Cheryl

10 years 3 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry for misunderstood.. i think do you want it disable for guest :) So i can lock this topic right...

Thank You So Much

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński