Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Clicking on Featured Events in Slider does nothing

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Brad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

In the featured events box, clicking on the main event that shows up takes you to that event page. But clicking on the others in the slider below does nothing. On hover is just shows javascriptvoid();. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link: www.thistleclass.com/events

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Brad.

I just looked on your site and everything seems to work just fine, everytime I click on event from slider below, then the main featured event is replaced with this one which I just clicked. Or maybe I'm missing something?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Brad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Chris wrote: Hi Brad.

I just looked on your site and everything seems to work just fine, everytime I click on event from slider below, then the main featured event is replaced with this one which I just clicked. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks Chris. At first look I thought I was going crazy because it worked for me as well. But that was in Firefox. When I tried it in Chrome, it didn't work. I also tried in Internet Explorer 10 and it didn't work. The Chrome version is 32.

Could you guys look into that?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi Brad

First of all you can check if the problem is also happening on fresh Joomla/JomSocial install, or on our community page/demo site. If the problem is not happening there, then most likely this's a javascript problem caused by one of your custom extension and not by our code. To find this problematic extensions you may try two things, a)set your site under maintenance mode, and try to disable all extensions exept of those listed below. In such way you should be able track this problematic extension. b)If your site is live, and you can't set it under maintenance mode, then you can try to create an duplicate of your site, then upload it on some dev domain, and there proceed with debuging.

Authentication - Joomla!
User - Joomla!
Azrul System Mambot For Joomla
jomsocial facebook connect

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Brad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Chris wrote: hi Brad

First of all you can check if the problem is also happening on fresh Joomla/JomSocial install, or on our community page/demo site. If the problem is not happening there, then most likely this's a javascript problem caused by one of your custom extension and not by our code. To find this problematic extensions you may try two things, a)set your site under maintenance mode, and try to disable all extensions exept of those listed below. In such way you should be able track this problematic extension. b)If your site is live, and you can't set it under maintenance mode, then you can try to create an duplicate of your site, then upload it on some dev domain, and there proceed with debuging.

Authentication - Joomla!
User - Joomla!
Azrul System Mambot For Joomla
jomsocial facebook connect

I see that it's not happening on the demo site, which is frustrating. I don't have that many extensions installed. But I'll try to debug it. Thanks for the help.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Sure, I'm still here for you so if you need any assistance, then please let me know.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński