Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't create or edit an event

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Noticed a strange occurrence on the Activity Feed (Wall and homepage module)

see attached screenshots

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

I have found the fault regarding the event description and recurring event problem. It was in a template override file that you have in your site in /templates/ja_community_plus/html/com_community/events.forms.php this file has not been manually updated after you upgraded.
To confirm it was a template override i have added _out to the end of the file so the site is using the jomsocial file which has the correct code in it.

When you upgrade a version of a component you will need to also update any overrides that you have, these may be files you have changed or files from an outdated template. This applies for any components on your site that have overrides.

The other issue you have added to this topic regarding Strange occurrence on Activity Feed. Our developer has looked and told me that this is the layout or format from a 3rd party component and they feed it directly into the database table so formatting issues regarding this will need to be asked to the component that is writing to the feed

In regard to the admin screen shot, it is difficult to see but i think you are referring to no content of the feed in admin? 3rd party feeds only show front end and it shows the feed but without the content.

Please test the first 2 issues and let me know if they are now resolved so i can close this Post

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update and info.

Which part of the code was the culprit in this case? Can you provide details or reference lines?

With regards to the "Strand Occurrances" on the Activity feeds. I am not using a 3rd party module there. I am just saying that the Activity feed module on the homepage matches the JS activities in the Admin area, however the actual Community Page ( www.opgroeigids.nl/community ) page's activity wall is NOT SHOWING the latest event creation activity as is on the Homepage module ( www.opgroeigids.nl ).

Lastly and most importantly, the LOGOUT option on the "Hello Me" module is still not working. Nothing happens when you click LOGOUT. Can you get back to me on that please?

See:

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

typo - sorry:

"Strange Occurrences" on the Activity feeds

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

also, when I click on the "Test" Event as listed in the activities on the HomePage, it takes me to the Test event page:

www.opgroeigids.nl/community/events/viewevent/105-test

However, when I go to view "All Events" it does not show up. It is showing in the backend activities and on the homepage feed, but not on the Community page activity feed and also not listed under All Events.

mmmmm

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Could this be that the "Hello Me" module needs to be updated to work with the latest release of JomSocial?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. The difference in the template override and the current events.forms.php shows a few changes throughout the file. The best way to check for differences which is what i have done is to get both the files and use a tool like

http://www.diffchecker.com/

The activity references i made were from the screen shots and the detail was hard to see, i thought you were referring to what looked like the easyblog activities in the stream.

I have had a look at the log out issue and my opinion is the site generally has a conflict somewhere and Chris pointed this out early on in the post I am not pushing this off and blaming someone else. i am simply pointing out that with these errors, there are going to be sections of your site that don't function correctly. Until the cause of the conflict is found you and I will go around in circles chasing things while the root problem is still there.

the example of where the conflicts are:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined. This is showing up on most pages though out your site, logged in or not, So Issues like the log out button not working are because there is a conflict, where that conflict is i don't know. In fairness to us to debug this error in a live environment would be irresponsible. I notice in previous comments Chris switched your site back to the default template, i agree with your comment of not doing that on a live site and it shouldn't have bee done without asking, but this highlights the issue of fault finding in a live environment

I'm not sure if you know but there are other major components that are also throwing errors and i don't believe this is a fault of their component either. The core issue needs to be identified, then from that point you will know what is really an issue. Until then everything is a guess.

To test and resolve these errors your site would need to be on a test environment where things can be eliminated from the site until the core conflict is found.

Also please remember i am not trying to argue, disagree or not help you, but i think to be fair a conflict that is site wide and on a live environment is outside the scope of our support. The general running of the site needs to be maintained by you

Lastly this post is now getting many different issues in it and is not a good way to run a support forum. It is confusing and makes it impossible for us to accurately track bugs. Can you please post new issues as separate threads so we can deal with each issue correctly.

Please let us know once you resolve the general conflict then post each issue in a separate post if they are still there.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński