Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't create or edit an event

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

We are having issues creating or editing Events in JS. When clicking the "Submit" button nothing happens.

Now I have checked the forum and found a few posts with exactly the same issue, eg:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/12685-urgent-can-t-create-event

Furthermore, when I try to edit an Event, I am unable to edit the Event Details text. see attachment.

Can you please assist with this urgently?

Also see screenshot.

Thanks,

Andrew

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Arnaud
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hello,

Not found yet the solution but the problem :
I've installed a test server and disabling all extensions => Nothing
Finally I've seen that using default jomsocial template AND disabling JTicketing it works fine. So I've asked to Tigra template developer to see what could be the problem.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

thanks Arnaud.

I do not make use of JTicketing nor do I use Tigra Templates. What I can state is that it was working perfectly prior to the most recent JS update.

I really hope the the JS team can improve their support levels.

Thanks...

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew.

Could you check if the password/login is valid ? Since I'm not able to access your back-end.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Apologies, I did indeed forget to assign super admin rights to it. Fixed now, please can you try again. Site is LIVE so please do take care.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

To add to the issue of the button not functioning... All other buttons in our JS setup is working without any issues, it is only the one when submitting / saving a New or Edited Event... We have a number of components using JavaScript and integrated well into the site, strange that this one place is causing issues...

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew.

First of all you can check if the problem is also happening on fresh Joomla/JomSocial install, or on our community page/demo site. If the problem is not happening there, then most likely this's a javascript problem caused by one of your custom extension and not by our code. To find this problematic extensions you may try two things, a)set your site under maintenance mode, and try to disable all extensions exept of those listed below. In such way you should be able track this problematic extension. b)If your site is live, and you can't set it under maintenance mode, then you can try to create an duplicate of your site, then upload it on some dev domain, and there proceed with debuging.

Authentication - Joomla!
User - Joomla!
Azrul System Mambot For Joomla
jomsocial facebook connect

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

One more bit of info:

When you use the Event creation on the Wall (Update Status) then it works.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew.

Like I said, it seems to be a javascript conflict caused by one of your extensions, I suggest to follow steps from my last reply and I'm pretty sure you'll find this problematic extension.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there.

It seems that I was wrong, I just switched to the default Joomla template and everything seems to work just fine. So the problem is caused by your Joomla template, I suggest to contact with team which develope it.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Please note that our site is a LIVE PRODUCTION site, I would appreciate if you notify me prior to causing any interruptions on it.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew.

Sorry about that, but I had to change the template to debug this problem properly.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Chris,

It is strange as the issue was not present prior to the last JomSocial update.

Secondly, there are more sites and people with the same problem, now surely it can't all be because of the template (kind of easy way out). There must be something that changed in JS as we do not have the issue with any other components.

And then we still have another issue also relating to JS Events:

When I try to edit an Event, I am unable to edit the Event Details text. see attachment.

Thanks,

Andrew

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew.

The same error can be caused by various things, in your case it's a template. Maybe it's not fully compatible with our latest release, it's really difficult to say. But at this moment you can check that everything is working just fine on default Joomla template. About description field missing, it's also working just fine on our community page so it can be also caused by some other extension, I'll look into it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński