Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Change my main domain please

7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Philip
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I've noticed that we need to ask for the admin to change our supported domain, so will you please change mine from hraworld.com to hamradioadvisors.net.
I can't understand why, but when I tried to post a forum post a little bit ago, it told me the domain for my admin wasn't supported even though I listed both domains in my "Enter all the domain names you'd like to install this product on" section.
Can you tell me why it is that I can't change it myself in my profile??

Thank you in advance,
Flip

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Philip.

Thank you for contacting us.
I've changed your supported domain to: hamradioadvisors.net
Please, note that when you browse to download section you see two fields: one for SUPPORTED domain and another "domain names you'd like to install this product on". The difference is that according EULA we could support only ONE domain (one site) that product is installed on. Other field is just an information, domains in that field are not supported.

The reason you can't change supported domain your self is that - sorry to say that - not all users are honest and just switched domain back and forth having more than one domain supported. That's why users need to ask for change - but we do that in no time (in our shifts) ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Philip
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hey Michał,

Thanks for the explanation.
Ok, that makes sense to me.