Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cannot share a buddys post / image.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hello Dimas,

I have updated the information, I removed staging from the web address because we are live now and no longer on test server.

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I cant see the cPanel access on the private post, can you make sure you put it inside "Miscellaneous" ?

thank you!

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

bump!!

i am waiting your response for cpanel access :) so we developer can check this as soon as possible

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Dimas,

I have added the cPanel information.

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

(2) is there a way to enhance the "Sharing" from one user to another on the users stream items. You said before it was a third party stream item. This is a picture from the jomsocial development group. "Social Share". Was that ever implemented?

Thank you,

Charles

Attachments:
8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

no update

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi charles,

Please wait until our developer checking this issue.

I am sorry your request for sharing options wont be availble very soon.

thank you

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Dimas,

Do you have any updates on this issue?

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I am sorry, we dont have any update from our developer, our developer is too busy with the newest code for 4.2, since this is 3rd party issue so we set it as low priority. but I will ask the developer for this.

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please try this patch

- open this file components/com_community/libraries/activities.php, find this code :

$attachment->type = '';

replace with :
$attachment->content = isset($obj->content) ? $obj->content : '';
             $attachment->showInQuote = true; // to show in quote format in stream/base-extended template.
             $attachment->type = 'general';

- open this file components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/stream/base-extended.php, find this code :
<div class="cStream-Attachment">
replace to :
<div class="cStream-Attachment <?php echo (isset($attachment->showInQuote) && $attachment->showInQuote) ? 'cStream-Quote' : '' ; ?>">

please let me know how it goes..

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Dimas,

I just tried to fix this but couldn't find where to replace the code as I am not that good with it. Can you please help? Thank you, Charles

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I already applied the code, but still buggy the image ads is still missing.. I will talk about the dev again..

thank you!

Attachments:
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hello,

Do you happen to have any updates on this as we just updated our version to 4.6 just a day before you released 4.7.

We still can not share 3rd party items on our social section. Why isn't the sharing section like FB? Can you please look at this?

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

There is different method on 3rd party share, since we use API and the 3rd party developer sometimes use different method how to insert their data to our table.

This issue still on our project manager task list, we are still thinking how to solve this or maybe will remove the share button on 3rd party stream, since this issue is low priority so you will get delay to get the information, we have bunch of important task on version 4.2 and make them as first priority.. I hope you will understand.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński