Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

photos view issue on the wall post

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I really want to resolving this issue ASAP. but I need you to provide me FTP access detail (please).
without FTP I cant do anything. I hope you understand with this.

with FTP I can do my job at your site directly, and I can figure it out what the best solution is.

simple send the FTP access detail to my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: TO
7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • TO
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Greetings,
after I investigate as a newbe my problem I think I have a clue about what happening : I think gallery script is counting images width without waiting for the full site to load. Because of that images are getting wrong dimensions.( gallery scripts uses the width of a full page without including sidebar, so the widths are wrong and images has wrong dimensions ) ... please advice about a clever way to solve my issue other than the ones ( adding in template css file override.css

.jomsocial-wrapper .jomsocial .joms-media--images a {
margin: 0 -1px !important;
height: auto !important;
}

.jomsocial-wrapper .jomsocial .joms-media--images img {
display: block;
}
wich reduce the false values by a little bit )
Thank you in advance for your kind support !!!

P.S. I've sent on email the FTP coords.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I think by using override.css is the best solution. Because at upgrade process, it will not disappear.
the issue not happening with other 3rd party templates. only with this template.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • TO
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Can you investigate a better solution for my issue, even being a 3rd party issue ? I need a proffessional advice and a clever and better solution than mine. You said will investigate deep using ftp. Help me find a better solution !

Thank you in advance.

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Your thread brings my attention. I'm sorry to say that but our support is slim regarding 3rd party issues.
You should rather contact with developer that created extension that cause the issue.
As for now Albertus helped you to find temporary walkaround... and at this moment it's all we could do.
Please, read our Support Policy: www.jomsocial.com/support
If 3rd party developer will need to contact us - please ask him/her to do that directly to not bother you anymore.
I hope they will fix your issue soon ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • TO
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Greetings,
I know you are very limited support for 3rd party issues like mine here, but I just please to help me as much as you can to solve my issue. So, I wait for a small help and advice from Albertus, regarding what can I do in the most clever way to make work for me that wall gallery script from jomsocial who countermeasure the width of a full page without including sidebar, wich widths are wrong and make images has wrong dimensions.
Thank you in advance for your kind support !

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Ok, the I assign this thread back to Albertus.
Let him advise you ;)

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: TO
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I tried many solutions, but failed :(
there is a javacript from GK template that made photos arrange at stream goes wrong.

please repot this issue to GK template. just tell him why jomsocial photos arrange at stream broken when using GK template?

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • TO
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I allready told them about this issue, they told me after investigation what I've allready told you about the gallery script : " Real issue here is in the code of gallery script. Simply gallery scripts uses the width of a full page without including sidebar, so the widths are wrong and images has wrong dimensions. " ....

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Hmmm, cases like this one happens from time to time. But in this one it's quite clear that fault is in the template. Let me get this clear: JomSocial uses different kinds of extensions: templates, components, modules and plugins. Template seems to be on much higher importance as it's used on every pages and it actually display all content in it. So it "embrace" what is inside Joomla!

I'll compare it to a shirt.

All other elements like components and modules are displayed INSIDE template. So if you encounter an issue in displaying of functioning of component/module caused by template who is to blame?

Just like when your shirt is too tight... or one sleeve is a bit lower then other one will you blame your body parts? :D Nope, you'll ask a tailor to correct this so it will fit your body.

The same goes for Joomla! template - it should be designed to display all inside content without issues. Especially if issue persist only with that template (doesn't show when using other o J! default template). So "tailor" - in this case GK need to fix "shirt" they made to fit your "body parts" - Joomla! content you actually have.

You may look for similar issues reported on our forum - answer is always the same ;)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński