Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Joomla-backend very slow after installation - Here the reason for that

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

An old problem, now I've found the reason.

When installing Joomla and Jomsocial on a server which is connected to the Internet, everything works perfectly and efficiently. If I take the server from the Internet and connect it into the corporate network, I get error messages and the backend is very, very slow.

The cause I could identify our proxy server. For safety reasons the Internet-connection for our company network works by using a tool called "stunnel" and with a proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file.

Joomla itself has no problem with this configuration, Jomsocial has a lot of problems.

Trying to edit some files at the "configuration.php" brings the situation, that the errors disappear, but the system is still very slow.

Conclusion: Unfortunately Jomsocial is not to be used on our infrastructure. Very sad, the system is good, and I've probably invested my money for nothing ...

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

at jomsocial backend, there is a code to check your jomsocial version is uptodate or not. the code always read external URL. Maybe this things make issue with "stunnel".

please try this solution:
1. open /administrator/components/com_community/views/configuration/view.html.php
2. around line 101 you can see this code

require_once( JPATH_ROOT.'/administrator/components/com_community/libraries/autoupdate.php' );
$isuptodate = CAutoUpdate::checkUpdate();
changing it to
$isuptodate = true;

let me know the result.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: mimi
9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry, we have to wait for a while for the result. At the moment, an different project with a lot of work......

Thank you for helping....

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

Let me know the result. and other things, jomsocial always make external request to google map API. I suggest you to put some exception at proxy or firewall configuration. Because this issue only happening at corporate network, I think need to do something with corporate network "configuration".

Regards,
Albert

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Back to our project, starting on a new machine (Core I7/32 GIG Ram/SSD/ xampp) and the same problem. Setting up the system with internet-connection: perfect, fast and beautiful.

Connecting to the intranet: Backend very slow.

Changing "$isuptodate = true;" .......no result! Backend very slow, frontend slow....

It seems, that the "Google-Maps" from the event-calender and the user-location could be the reason for that. is it possible, to deactivate the google-maps-plugin?

Greetings from a little bit frustrated "Karlo"

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Update: Deactivating all Google-maps at the frontend helps a little bit, frontend now is fast and works fine. Backend is very slow.

My idea is to deactivate now the Google-maps-things at the backend. Starting the Joomsocial-backend, some maps are loading, but I don´t need this things for the application in the intranet.

Problem: I have no idea, where to deactivate this...

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

for backend, here the steps:
1. copy default.php from /administrator/components/com_community/views/community/tmpl/ to /administrator/templates/isis/html/com_community/community/ (create the folder if not exist)
2. edit that file (/administrator/templates/isis/html/com_community/community/default.php)
3. and remove this code (around line 807)

<!-- Add google maps -->
<style>
  #map_canvas {
	width: 100%;
	height: 200px;
	margin-bottom:10px !important;
  }
</style>
<script src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>
<script>
	var geocoder;
	var map;
	function initialize() {
	geocoder = new google.maps.Geocoder();
	var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(44.5403, -78.5463);
	var map_canvas = document.getElementById('map_canvas');
	var map_options = {
	  center: latlng,
	  zoom: 2,
	  mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
	}
	//map = new google.maps.Map(map_canvas, map_options);
	map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map_canvas'), map_options);

<?php
	if(! empty($this->userCountry)) {
		foreach($this->userCountry as $userCountry) {
		?>
		codeAddress('<?php echo JText::_($userCountry->country) ?>');
		<?php
		}
	}
	?>

}

function codeAddress(address) {
	geocoder.geocode( { 'address': address}, function(results, status) {
	  if (status == google.maps.GeocoderStatus.OK) {
		map.setCenter(results[0].geometry.location);
		var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
			map: map,
			title:address,
			position: results[0].geometry.location
		});
	  } else {
		alert('Geocode was not successful for the following reason: ' + status);
	  }
	});
	}
	google.maps.event.addDomListener(window, 'load', initialize);
</script>

and remove this code (around line 963)
jax.call( 'community' , 'admin,community,getRssFeed','http://feeds.feedburner.com/JomsocialBlog','news-tab');
jax.call( 'community' , 'admin,community,getRssFeed','http://feeds.feedburner.com/new-addons','addon-tab');
jax.call( 'community' , 'admin,community,getRssFeed','http://www.ijoomla.com/blog/feed/','ijoomla-tab');

Regards

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you.....done everyhing....doesn´t help. Backend slow, Frontend speed is OK. I can live with this situation, but it isn´t comfortable. For the moment, I edit the layout and other things on my machine (with internet) and then upload the files via ftp.

Works, but as I said, not very comfortable.

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

the slow page only at jomsocial Dashboard page (backend) or any pages at jomsocial backend?

regards

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The complete backend of Joomla is very slow.........not only the jommsocial-backend. After uninstalling Joomsocial Joomla runs fast, installing again, the whole backend is very slow.

Very strange phenomenon...

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Karl,

the problem not because jomsocial only. but joomla also (especially at backend). you can asking joomla support for that.
but the correct solution must be done at your intranet connection it self. it must be any blockers at there.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl-Michael
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński