Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Photos and sh404SEF not working togehter

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hi everybody,

in the moment JomSocial is not working correctly with sh404SEF. As soon as sh404SEF is turned on the photos in the activity-stream are not shown correctly anymore.

The sh404SEF-Team was so kind to analyze the issue and they found out that this is caused because of some old joomla 1.5 legacy-code that is still present in the recent version of Jomsocial. The problem is something about using "GET" in the code.
They also say they passed you a suggestion how this can get solved.

So the question is: What is the recent state of that issue?
Can we expect to get a fix so the JomSocial-Code will be clean of the legacy (which is two LTR away from the recent version) so the photos work again correctly?

All the best, Julian!

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Julian.

What JomSocial version do you use? Most recent version is 3.2.0.7.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hi Michal,

exactly that one. ;-)

php 5.3.28
Joomla 3.3.1
JS 3.2.0.7 Pro
sh404 4.4.4.1791

Is the issue with the "legacy code" done already?
If yes, I would ask back to Anything Digital, the coders of sh404.
But as long as this legacy-code is still in, I thought it is obvious where the malfunction is comming from.

All the best, Julian!

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Julian.

PO said that this should be removed long time ago... could you check with JomSocial 3.2.1?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I checked it and it still does not work.
According to the sh404-Developers the Legacy-Code is still in and they suggested you how this can get solved.

So what can I do?

All the best, Julian!

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Julian.

I reported this issue back to developers.
I'll update you ASAP.

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Julian.

Could you describe photo behavior on stream? "photos in the activity-stream are not shown correctly anymore." doesn't tell me anything as I have no access to your site.

Please, describe your issue and how we could replicate it.
You use sh404SEF paid version or lite?

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I uploadet three photos and turned on the sh404 for JomSocial.
Please give me a quick response, because I want to bring the settings back to the working version as soon as possible.

You will find an Activity with three photos posted right now to the activity-stream. Just click on the photos, and you will see the problem.

All the best, Julian!

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

The problem exists on all photos.
You can also check the photo-module on the right.

And ... I use the paid version. Most recent.

All the best, Julian!

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Julian.

Well, I can't check it as pass and user name you provided are dots :)

Please provide us with working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

unfortunatelly I found more and more errors, even after I deactivated sh404 für Jomsocial.
So we need to focus them before we look about how it works with sh404. Some of them are in the same topics, but it makes no sense to look for the sh404-problem when the problem still exists with the deactivated sh404.

I try to give you an overview:

1. When I upload different photos into the stream, it is not possible to open them later. Try it out: Just upload two or three photos and then, after saving them, klick on one of the photos to watch it. It goes into an endless loading.

2. When trying to post a video on the stream, the saved comment contains no content. It is just the header and the footer, but nothing inside of the stream-item.

3. When I try to post a link in the activity-stream it also leads into an endless loading. It does not load any photo and it is not catching the link itself.

I tried to reinstall JomSocial and some other stuff to make sure, there is no problem in the installation itself, but the problem stays existent. It also stays with other templates.

I will update the admin-credentials in a moment.
But PLEASE tell me about every little thing you change. I have different extensions on the page and I definitely need to know if you changed something anywhere on the backend!

All the best, Julian!

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Julian.

Please open separated threads for each of your issue. This will make much easier to track issues.
Note that they have nothing to do with sh404SEF so if someone will look for solution in this matter will have to read all this unrelated posts.

So, open new threads and I'll answer in each lookong for solution. I mark this topic as "Pending customer" so will be taken down from my pending support list.
If we'll be done with other issue you could post here and make sure that thread has state "Pending Support" so I could see it... so we could focus on sh404SEF issue.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński