Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

3.1.1 Update - 500 - DB function failed with the following faultcode 2006

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, Can I please get an update on this ticket? Have you found anything yet?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Andrew wrote: We also have Cloudflare and Siteground now looking into this issue. I will update you as soon as I know more.

We're waiting for an update from you... did Cloudflare and Siteground sent you logs?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

this from SiteGround:

[Fri Mar 21 06:51:24 2014] [warn] [client 87.118.135.130] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/opgroeig/opgroeigids.nl/index.php, referer: www.opgroeigids.nl/mijn-details/profiel/edit
[Fri Mar 21 06:51:24 2014] [error] [client 87.118.135.130] Script timed out before returning headers: index.php, referer: www.opgroeigids.nl/mijn-details/profiel/edit

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

further from Siteground:

[Fri Mar 21 09:19:24 2014] [warn] [client 87.118.135.65] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/opgroeig/opgroeigids.nl/index.php, referer: www.opgroeigids.nl/mijn-details/profiel/edit
[Fri Mar 21 09:19:24 2014] [error] [client 87.118.135.65] Script timed out before returning headers: index.php, referer: www.opgroeigids.nl/mijn-details/profiel/edit

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

more from Siteground:

Indeed, the process times out and returns 504 Gateway time-out.

I have bypassed the CloudFlare redirect by inserting the following record in the local computer's hosts file:

181.224.131.9 opgroeigids.nl www.opgroeigids.nl

Disabling memcached and mod_pagespeed has not helped. I have also changed the Joomla cache handler to file, again without luck.

I have reverted the changes.

I have straced the process and you can check the last 200 lines:

www.opgroeigids.nl/strace_last.txt

The fact that the development web site works correctly on the same shared server proves that this is not a server side issue but a problem with the script configuration.

Can you please get back to me with some details?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Andrew.

I talked with our developers, and we didn't change anything in our db queries for profile edit.
Also when I tried to reach backend of your live site I get 504 error... check server error logs to confirm that.
So this issue doesn't only apply to JomSocial but to your Joomla installation.

Argument that developer site is working without issues is irrelevant as it contain less content, users and files. Also it's no alive, doesn't generates any traffic.

Summing things up we're on the opinion that this issue is specific to your installation and apply to server and Joomla! configuration. You'll need to increase script execution time... or make a site overhaul.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The error you received was a once off to the Admin area, it is not where our issue is. This is the feedback from Siteground:

The CloudFlare message which you have experienced is caused by the fact that the profile editing task times out and prevents CloudFlare from obtaining this page and cache its static resources. I tested the profile editing without going through the CloudFlare service and indeed the process exceeded the server's timeout settings and an error "Gateway Time-out" was displayed in my browser.

We have done our best to pinpoint the exact issue, but unfortunately to no avail. At this point I advise you to seek further assistance from a professional Joomla developer who is familiar with the specifics and inner-working of the application in more details and possesses the required skills to provide you with the necessary level of assistance.

www.opgroeigids.nl/strace_last.txt

Thanks....

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Can someone please explain this error to me?

500 - DB function failed with the following faultcode 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT a.`userid` as _userid , a.`status` as _status , a.`points` as _points, a.`posted_on` as _posted_on, a.`avatar` as _avatar , a.`cover` as _cover , a.`thumb` as _thumb , a.`invite` as _invite, a.`params` as _cparams, a.`view` as _view, a.`friends` as _friends, a.`groups` as _groups, a.`events` as _events, a.`friendcount` as _friendcount, a.`alias` as _alias, a.`profile_id` as _profile_id, a.`storage` as _storage, a.`watermark_hash` as _watermark_hash, a.`search_email` as _search_email, s.`userid` as _isonline, u.* FROM `cca_community_users` as a LEFT JOIN `cca_users` u ON u.`id`=a.`userid` LEFT OUTER JOIN `cca_session` s ON s.`userid`=a.`userid` AND s.`client_id` !='1' WHERE a.`userid`='0'

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

I already explain to you from beginning about this error mean. That error caused by, when that query executed on server not give back any result because your Mysql has been terminated. To prevent this error only can by increase your hosting setup for MySQL and PHP (I mention this at prev).

Regards,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Yes our problem together with many other JomSocial issues have been resolved by us moving over to EasySocial from StackIdeas .

We have just had far too many issues with JomSocial over the past year it was creating a real problem for our business. We used to be happy with JomSocial for many years in which we used the product ourselves as well as for our clients, but things changed and most of all the support deteriorated dramatically. It is a pity....

Thanks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński