Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

"redirected you too many times" type error when accessing the frontend of site

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I have been working this issue for several months and cannot resolve it. I am about to give up on the whole thing as this is really pissing off my users since they cannot access the site. Ever since I upgraded to 4.x from 3.x this error occurs. I even reinstalled a clean install of JomSocial 4.5 in a new directory and updated the database with the prior data and then reinstalled 4.5 and still no luck. Here is the URL line after the redirect error: www.bhs1966.net/class/index.php/componen...iew=login&Itemid=118 . Here is the error message.
This page isn’t working
www.bhs1966.net redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I tried all the different browsers and none will work. I have access to the backend without issues. The prior database, the data itself, needs to be maintained for whenever I can get this redirect problem fixed. I have tried removing all .htaccess files but still no luck. I have other websites on this host and know that the problem is JomSocial but just cannot figure out what gives.

Steve

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Steve
Could you share site credentials with me so i can debug this issue?
Please:
1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.
If possible you can share Cpanel access as well.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I posted the info requested.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
You have set the Home page as registered access, that should not be possible as public user always goes to default page and it should have access for them prntscr.com/i488ks
I set it to the public and now your site is working.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I am still getting the redirect problem. I cleared cache but still redirecting improperly.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Never mind. I got it.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks Pankaj. It is always something simple. Appreciate it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński