Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

mykunenaposts Plugin v4.1.2 July 2015 iJoomla

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
My Forum Posts plug-in serving malformed URLs on users profile, see below examples.

SEF version of URL string www.site.com/component/kunena/?Itemid=0&func=showcat&catid=3
Non SEF URL string www.site.com/index.php?option=com_kunena...func=showcat&catid=3
Correct URL string non SEF www.site.com/index.php?option=com_kunena...&catid=3&Itemid=1052

To clarify, I actually have 2 My Forum Posts plug-ins;
mykunenaposts - Plugin 4.1.2 July 2015 iJoomla
mykunena Plugin 2.0.3 2012-11-24 Kunena Team

The malformed URLs belong to plugin element named mykunenaposts, which, after researching appears to be JomSocials plugin, not Kunena's.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Post new topic or reply in Kunena forum
2 View users profile and click any of the topics shown in tab for Forum Posts plugin

RESULT - Presented with 404 error page
EXPECTED RESULT - To navigate to respective forum topic or reply within Kunena
BROWSER - All

I've posted perviously on Kunena forum and it appears this one is JomSocials bug.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Владислав
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Also appears to be a problem on older plugin too....

Plugin 4.0.8 March 2011 JomSocial Team

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

its a bug. please wait for the fix.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

here the fix:

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

unzip and put it at:
/plugins/community/mykunenaposts/mykunenaposts.php

Regards

This message has an attachment file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Albertus,

Thank you for your time and help resolving this issue. I've replaced the PHP file and it fixed the bad URL in 50% of the places LOL.

It works if user clicks from Activity Stream
www.domain.org/index.php?option=com_kune...=485&Itemid=1052#598

It does not work if user clicks from the tab wherever plugin is assigned from, still throws a 404
www.domain.org/index.php?option=com_kune...&catid=19&id=598#598

Please advise, and again...thank you for your help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Elliot
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please provide me FTP and joomla super user login detail by editing your first post at this topic.
I need to check it at your site. with my test site there is no issue.

Regards

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Details provided in first post.

I have logged in as the Super Admin I provided details for and made a test post within the forum so you can go view profile, then you will see there are 2 tabs for My Forum Posts. One tab says My Forum 404s so that you know which one is funky.

But again... this may be a moot point considering there are 2 My Forum Posts plug-ins.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please using My Forum Posts that plugin from Kunena it self. Before it Kunena team was rejected the plugin at they side.
seem now they included/made by they self already.

if jomsocial providing the plugin, it will too much issue. because jomsocial never now what Kunena changes.

Regards

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Albertus,

The plugin that Kunena originally developed was discontinued several years ago, they no longer support this.
Kunena Support Response

The only reason I have 2 "identical" plugins installed is due to the fact that JomSocials myforumposts plug-in has never worked properly. I have never been able to "sunset" my older Kunena version.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

with Kunena 4.0.3 there is no issue with jomsocial plugin. I tested it.
could you please upgrade your Kunena to latest version?

Regards

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Wish I could easily upgrade every component installed but I have so many 3rd party plug-ins daisy chained together with related customizations, I'll break 5 other things trying to fix this 1.

Here, a random user of JomSocial and Kunena has provided some insight for the JomSocial dev team, to help you fix the plugin and provide an official patch. I hesitate on applying any code from outside parties, as much as I appreciate their help, kinda need it to come through official channels for security reasons.
http://www.kunena.org/forum/11-JomSocial/134848-wrong-url-in-profile-kunena?start=10#170229

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Thank You for that link.
that improvement will be included at 4.1.4

here the file:

This attachment is hidden for guests.

unzip and put it at:
/plugins/community/mykunenaposts/mykunenaposts.php

FYI:
not sure why today I cannot access your site. seem down for maintenance? I cant try that code at your site. but at my test site that code works.

Regards

This message has an attachment file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad, Владислав
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

We are actually in the process of server migration... the dedicated server we've been on for many years finally had RAID failure and BOTH FREAGING hard drives went bad at same time LOL.

Typical of my luck. Site is back online on new (different) dedicated server but if you still cannot access please let me know. It's most likely DNS propagation, which should be complete by the time you read this.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Just FYI, the patched plugin contains wrong URL for "no-posts.gif"
It currently uses this http://www.mydomain.xyz/plugins/community/kunena/kunena/no-post.gif

This directory exists on an older version of JomSocial but I had to create the 2 sub directories named "kunena" and upload gif.

Attachment no-post.gif not found

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński