Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Login problem after associating account with Facebook

8 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Maja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

I have problem with user login after users associate their accounts with Facebook.
When the user who is registered on my site using registration form tries to associate the account with Facebook account, next time he tries to access the site with username and password he used during registration, he can not access the site by entering username and password. He can access the site only using the button "Login with Facebook".
And the other problem is that there are no error message which will show the user what is the problem with logging in, the front page is just reloaded.
That is very confusing.
This is the situation with users who registered before I implemented multiple profiles and when I used older version of JS and who registered using regular JS registration form.

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

if using "Login with Facebook" the password will be re-generated automatically. this is joomla way.
for error message not appear, here the fix.
please edit:
/templates/socialize/tpls/blocks/mainbody-home-1.php
and
/templates/socialize/tpls/blocks/mainbody-home-2.php

and put this code

<div class="wrap t3-sl">
	<?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
		<jdoc:include type="message" />
	<?php endif ?>
</div>
after
<div class="home">