Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Blank white page on Jomsocial after upgrading to Joomla! 3.8.5

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Blank white page on Jomsocial after upgrading Joomla! 3.8.5 www.findaweddingphotographer.co.uk/weddi...raphers-network.html tried turning on error reporting etc but can't work it out. Can you help?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I checked the above page and its loading at my end: prntscr.com/ibofv6
Please check the compatibility of Jomsocial installed on your site with Joomla: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Joomla_Versions_Compatibility
Also, check the other 3rd party extensions are ready for Joomla 3.8.5 or not, I installed Jomsocial 4.5 on Joomla 3.8.5 and there is no such issue.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It's working because I reverted to a backup and so it's now on 3.8.4 - I will leave it until next week as I have a few other things to sort out first.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Lee,
Please check the customisation if you applied on site. Joomla 3.8.5 has the bug fixes for redirection but of Joomla 3.8.4, there is no measure changed in this release. Also, If you feel it break your site, I suggest you to try Joomla update on a test site and if there is problem, share the site details with me,
I will help you in debugging the problem.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Great - thank you. Will let you know

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've just upgraded again and I am getting the white blank page - although it does seem to load sometimes www.findaweddingphotographer.co.uk/weddi...raphers-network.html

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
Kindly edit your first post and submit site super user details with FTP account details for staff/Mods.
Do not share it in public post.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OK - done that. Thanks

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
The site is loading the page
Please increase the server PHP values as recommended Here
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/JomSoci..._System_Requirements
memory_limit 1024
connect_timeout120
wait_timeout120
If its test site i can disable the 3rd party extensions as well, but currently the issue seems from the server as the site is loading very slow and sometimes giving 500error.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OK - I have made those changes - can you check for me as Jomsocial still seems to load very slowly in the front and backend

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Any ideas about this - I made the changes and now it loads www.findaweddingphotographer.co.uk/weddi...raphers-network.html but it takes forever.

I get this with debugging turned on Error: 0

Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
I checked the site and loading page is normal at my end, It usually loads within 3 seconds.
Also, noticed the page loading is same all over the site on other pages and backend as well.
You can enable Joomla cache to run page faster.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I gave up over the weekend and restored from a backup - it was causing very high server load and dragging my other sites down. It's back on Joomla! 3.8.4 now. Just going to have to leave it like that. I've put a copy online here www.spondooley.com/wedding-photographers-network.html I can send you the log in details if you are interested in looking at that.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński