Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial Loading Issue with Google Chrome 62+

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi there, Google chrome automatically updated to version 62 today and I noticed a significant drop in website performance. (Joomla 3.8.1 and JomSocial 4.4.5).

For some reason it looks like the index source is called multiple times?? (see attachment) I can see this both with 'my' own website and 'your' website. See attached.

I disabled numerous components, all modules to confirm the issue was in fact JomSocial.

Jumping on a colleagues computer I can confirm the issue is not there with Chrome 61 but as soon as you upgrade to Chrome 62 the issue hits, drastically increasing page load.

I can confirm that the issue also affects Chrome Canary version 64 so I'm not sure the issue is a Chrome bug that will go away by itself?

Cheers,
Gordon

Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
It seems to be a Chrome issue as we use older version of Joomla! and JomSocial on jomsocial.com... so it's not the same version as on your site.
So different versions of Joomla and JomSocial but the same browser.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi there, I understand the issue will relate to Chrome and likely the JS somewhere but will JomSocial be investigating all the same?

As people get automatically upgraded a large number of people will see the issue. The issue runs up to the current 'Canary' build 64+ so the issue might not be going away on it's own and/or the issue will need to be reported to the Google Chrome team.

Page load times are now 22secs (after logging in) on my site due to this.

Looking at Network XHR tab it's clearly related to Ajax somehow.

Cheers,
G.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Yes, we'll check that on our end as well.
I assign developer to investigate this further.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I've setup a duplicate test site for you :) Details attached.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I was able to replicate this issue not only on your site by mine as well:

This is my test site in Opera: prnt.sc/h1arog
The same site in Chrome 62: prnt.sc/h1ardo

I reported that issue to our developers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vladimir
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

cool thanks, once you login this is when you will see the biggest hit.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Developers are working on this.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

I think I may be having a similar issue as it loads quickly on firefox, but not chrome 62. The one part that seems to load really slow on chrome for me is the Post box (the thing where you post on the wall). The rest of the page loads, but then it takes about 8 seconds for that box "post what's on your mind" to show up.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guys.

Our developer probably found the cause of the issue. It's related with recent Chrome code changes - it require changes in our code as well. He edited a lot of files so I can't test them till I'll have package. I'll do that at Monday and let you know.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Goran, Vladimir
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

OK thanks, looking forward to a fix, even if a temporary one. We plan to send out a big invite out ASAP, and if the fix is soon as you mentioned I think it would make sense for us to wait for that.

**EDIT: I see they released a new version today (4.5.0) will this address the chrome issues?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

looks like version 4.5.0 didn't change the load time on the "Post to wall" still is loading slow for me

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guys.

I'll talk with the developer and ask if this fix was released with 4.5.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński