Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Jomsocial routing issue when Joomla "Add Prefix to URL" enabled

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anton C
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:

Upgraded to Jomsocial 4.1 (compatible with Joomla 2.5.28) to try and resolve issue with Jomsocial 2.8.4.2. and Joomla 2.5.x (that crept in after upgrades to Joomla core)
Namely, constant "Invalid Token" error when logging in via HelloMe module.

After upgrade to Jomsocial 4.1:
Now login via Joomla core or HelloMe module goes to bare page, Joomla default login confirmation. Credentials not passed to Jomsocial.

Confirmation... If I click on the top menu after login (My Profile or Events Calendar) the following page does not offer user menu options. I am not recognized as logged in.
If I then attempt to login again using the displayed HelloMe module (on the right column) it will produce "Invalid Token".

If I disable "Add Suffix to URL" in Joomla Admin (as I am using htaccess) then all works properly and credentials are passed seamlessly between Joomla 2.5 and Jomsocial 4.1. However, I require the .html extensions.

Joomla Admin settings:
SEO friendly URLS=on
URL redir (htaccess)=on
Add Suffix to URL = on
---
Joomla Progressive cache enabled but excluded for community/jomsocial using plugin "Cache Control" rules (option=com_community)
Joomla "System Plugin" disabled
Plugin JQuery Easy set to v1.7

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Login to frontpage member area
2 Displays login on Joomla page (not Jomsocial community front page as directed/configured)
3 If attempt to login again using HelloMe module displayed along right column, get "Invalid Token" error.
4 If disable Joomla Admin setting ( Add Suffix to URL = off ) then works fine
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER: FF/IE

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Anton,

This is caused by cache issue, anyway I suggest you change your cache component with the another one like JotCache.

You are using old jomsocial and Jomsocial version, if possible.. i really suggest you to upgrade to the latest version, so we will know any issue on our latest code, becuase some of issue can be caused by Joomla and jomsocial version.

thank you

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anton C
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,

Thank you for your reply. Is not Jomsocial compatible with Joomla's native cache? Besides, Joomla cache is disabled for the Jomsocial component. But I'll double check.

As for Jomsocial, as far as I can see in your documentation Jomsocial 4.1 is the last compatible version with Joomla 2.5.28. I cannot upgrade Joomla 2.5.28 at this point due to heavy customizations but I could try the latest Jomsocial version if it's "likely" compatible.

Please advise. Right now the community section of this high profile site is partially crippled.

Anton

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Anton,

Maybe you need to try another cache component, I am sorry, its hard for us to inspect the old version.. beside that the old version issue is beyond our support, like mentioned here www.jomsocial.com/support-policy :)

Actaully the latest version 4.2.5 still works with Joomla 2.5.x, on our community site is still using old Joomla version :D

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński