Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

My whole site is a mess. Backend Dashboard not showing properly

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Attached is the image of how it looks

Plus when adding menu items to Jomsocial toolbar menu, it shows different item type than the one selected.

Everything was working fine, but the upgrade to 4.2.1 changed everything.

User profile picture and background picture does not show either.

Anyway, many issues. Please help us.

This
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER: Safary or Chrome on mac.

Attachments:
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

your joomla still using joomla 2.5
jomsocial 4.2 exclusive Joomla 3 support. We recommend Joomla 3.5; Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported.

ref:
www.jomsocial.com/blog/js42

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

IJoomla Installer should not demand an upgrade as mandatory if the Joomla Version is not compatible.

Cannot upgrade to Joomla 3 right now because other functionalities on the site would stop working.

Can you tell me the steps to go back to latest compatible version?

Thanks

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

you can download it at:
www.jomsocial.com/download-old

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pablo
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Which one and how do I do it?

Please be more specific, I don't want to mess everything up

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

I have installed 4.1.7
The thing that does not work is the student profile, change profile picture, change image, etc.
I can give you a test user.
Where can I send you the login in credentials privately?
Thanks.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

credentials information avaiable at this topic. only moderator can see it.
I made a changing avatar test at your site. there is no issue:

please send me the student account to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hello and sorry. Maybe I was not clear:

JomSocial toolbar, the blue menu bar at the top, does not work. If you clic my profile, changing image or whatever, it does not take you to the right place:

Mi Perfil ("My Profile") link should take me to: www.edlatam.com/component/community/2098...preisser?Itemid=1049
It takes me to: www.edlatam.com/component/community/?Itemid=1049

There I don't see my profile image, nor my poster. If you click on the submenu: "Cambiar mi foto de perfil" (Change my profile image), it takes you to the same screen. I don't understand why.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

there was menu item conflict with menu item ID 1049 at Spanish main menu.
I edited that menu item and replacing with menu alias type. and set alias for my profile at jomsocial toolbar.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pablo
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you Albertus:

Every thing works fine now in the links of the JomSocial Toolbar.

The only thing that is weird is that successful logins are being directed to www.edlatam.com/?Itemid=1049 and this is an error page.

Can you help me find out why this happens?

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

I fixed it. Thanks a lot for your help.

I changed back the menu item and now it works. don't know why.

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hello again.

Something is really messed up with this installation. I thought everything was working find, but its not. Links emailed to our students with a link to the subject of interest, do not take you to the post. They take you to the profile page, because the link takes you there.

For example, this student sent a message to his teacher: Link on the email is this: www.edlatam.com/index.php?option=com_com...erid=245&Itemid=1049

If you sign in with that username, it will take you to his profile. I can send you the teacher credentials for you to see it.

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Fixed. Sorry.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński