Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Bug - display categories when listed on several pages

1 year 9 months ago
  • yves's Avatar
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 111
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
I have just found a bug when you want to edit categories (to check if it is the same for other containers) if these categories are listed on a second page of results.
If I want to edit the parent category of a category, there is no category listed in the dropdown field if the edited category is not listed on the first page (when listing the categories).
I have been obliged to ask to list all the categories on one page so that the dropdown field can be populated.
Printout of the edition of a category when that category is listed on a second page:



Printout of the same category being edited when listed on the first page (the list of possible categories is then displayed):


regards
yves

Attachments:
1 year 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Ives.

Thank you for contacting us.

Make safe copy of this files:

administrator/components/com_community/controllers/groupcategories.php
administrator/components/com_community/models/groupcategories.php

Then replace original by uploading package content into Joomla! main folder on your server.


- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yves
1 year 9 months ago
  • yves's Avatar
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 111
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Michal
it is working fine now.
:-)

1 year 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Yves.

No, it's totally unrelated.
You used language constants for profile type names - but did you created those in language override?
Backend -> Extensions -> Language -> Overrides
And add:

ADINT_COMMUNITY_PROFILE_GLOBALTITLE = "Some generic title". Add constant and text.


- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
1 year 9 months ago
  • yves's Avatar
    Topic Author
  • yves
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 111
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

yes I created those overrides.
For instance they are perfectly applied in the profile selection when registering, see:



Edited:
- yes there is no link between the two topic, but I deleted my post from the present ticket before you answered it as I wrongly posted here, and I moved it at www.jomsocial.com/forum/translations/381...ot-always-translated which is more of a similar nature. :-)
- for info, I added the values in FR and EN for these variables only for the front-end, not for the back-end (but it should not be part of the issue here as the problem occurs on the front-end)

regards
yves

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński
Powered by Kunena Forum

Join 180,000 websites creating Amazing communities

JomSocial is the most complete, easy-to-use addon that turns Joomla CMS into a
full -fledged, social networking site

TRY NOW BUY NOW