Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

English menu issue

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired

Hi i have an issue with the Home menu in Jomsocial in english language, it's currently drive to a wrong URL.
This is the step to reproduce it :
1. login in as simple user in frontend
2 go to menu "Network" or "Reseau" in french (then you can swich from french/english in the right sidebar)
3 Clic on the Home button
Result : it will drive you to the following address (website.com/en/reseau instead of website.com/en/network)
Thanks

Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi.

Regarding link menu on jomsocial toolbar, please you read this doc for more information documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Toolbar_Explained

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired

Hi Dimas, thank you for your response, i've folllowing the tutorial but can't solve my problem.
- I've removed all association in modules that linked to any jomsocial toolbars
- I've following you tutorial to make jomsocial multilingual, so i've created 3 main menus :
- JS in Neutral (ID: 1105)
- JS in Main EN (ID: 1104 )
- JS in Main FR (ID: 1100)
But in english language home menu (in toolbar) it still drive to the lowest ID (1100).
What that mean. Should i remove Jomsocial Home in english and french and recreate another in order to give neutral menu the lower ID?

The problem when i do so, is that i should affect any modules to Main neutral -> Jomsocial in order to display them on my right sidebar (which seems to be a nonsense in an multilinguage website case)

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

That is right, jomsocial menu will check the lowest value..

I suggest dont use jomsocial toolbar for this, and use main menu for the navigation... and setup jomsocial menu like common Joomla menu for multiple translation.

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi guys! I am dealing with the same thing.

After Joomla 3.7, multilanguage it is more simple so i decide to make my site multilanguage. But i am dealing again with Jomsocial Toolbar Menu. I understand everything behind this menu and its importance for Jomsocial routes... but: Why we cant make it multilanguage?? I was thinking that you can maintain the same logic with the lower id but filter but current language too, so if i have a JomSocial toolbar menu for english, another for spanish and so on... you will pick the lower menu item for current language. If you do that we can have: /comunidad/grupos instead of /comunidad/groups for spanish and /community/groups for english

Anyway, IMHO this is something to review soon cause it is needed by a lot of jomsocial users.

Regards,
JM

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Julian.

No, you just need ONE JomSocial Toobar and make it multilingual by entering language constants as titles.
The other menu is for ID only.
Endpoint in URL should follow your menu item alias.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi MIchal,

Im not talking about menu item's titles... I am talking about url segments.

For example: I need a SEF link to community register page. For SEO improvement i would like to have differents url for each language, so for english i will have: mydom.com/en/create-an-account and for spanish: mydom.com/es/crear-una-cuenta .

If i try to get that sef url using JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=register') i get something like: mydom.com/component/community/register which is not what i am looking for. Instead if i use CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=register') i get the alias of the menu item with the lowest id (not considering language settings). So, supposing that english's registration menu item has id 1 and spanish's has 2,for english i will get: mydom.com/en/create-an-account (which is ok) and for spanish: mydom.com/es/create-an-account (which is wrong).

I think if CRoute can consider current language selection, this could be solve using the same logic of lower ids, tryin to get the lowest id menu item for the current language.

Sorry if i am not expressing my self as well as i would like... i am not natural on english.

Regards,
JM

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi again!

I made some advance on this.

I add langFIlter to _getViewItemid on CRoute class, the same way that you do on _getDefaultItemid. And now i am getting the right menu item for register view in the current language.

By the way, in _getDefaultItemid you are getting the lang using jinput.. i am not sure that is the best way. Instead i used: $lang = JFactory::getLanguage()->getTag();

If this is correct, please confirm if you think add this in future release.

Thanks,
JM

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Julian.

You are talking about menu item aliases... but they are used when URL contains menu item ID.
This URL do not contain menu item ID:

index.php?option=com_community&view=register

Thus URL will be as follows:

mydom.com/component/community/register

If it would contain menu item ID, menu item alias will be taken. This is not a JoomSocial issue or even related. This is how Joomla! works.

From what I see you're trying to display URL somewhere in the code (?). Then you need to add more parameters to your URL like language and menu item ID to be rendered correctly.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński