Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Add a second checkbox on registration

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello, I would like to add an additional checkbox on registration to respect the upcoming GDPR law.

Under "Accept terms and conditons" checkbox, I would like to add a second mendatory checkbox "Accept privacy policy".

I modified the file templates/mytemplate/html/com_community/layouts/register/base.php and copy the source code of the tac block to create a new one. I also modified the lang strings to have the right sentence. So now here is what I have in base.php :

<?php if ( $config->get('enableterms') ) { ?>
<div class="joms-checkbox">
<input type="checkbox" name="tnc" value="Y" data-message="<?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_REGISTER_ACCEPT_TNC'); ?>">
<span><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_I_HAVE_READ') . ' <a href="javascript:" onclick="joms.api.tnc(0);">' . JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_TERMS_AND_CONDITION') . '</a>.'; ?></span>
</div>

<div class="joms-checkbox">
<input type="checkbox" name="privacypolicy" value="Y" data-message="<?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_REGISTER_ACCEPT_PRIVACY_POLICY'); ?>">
<span><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_I_HAVE_READ') . ' <a href="javascript:" onclick="joms.api.privacypolicy(0);">' . JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_PRIVACY_POLICY') . '</a>.'; ?></span>
</div>

My problem is about the javascript for the popup window. I have no idea how and where to modify js files to have this second checkbox fully working.

If someone have an idea about that, it will be a great help, Thanks!

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Christian.

Thank you for contacting us.
It's not only the code you add into layout - you'll need also customize database to store your privacy policy to display it in modal window.
Instead of creating new checkbox - why don't you simply combine them in one document just in this place to display them in one window. YOu may have separated links in footer - just combine them for registration flow. Then you won't need second checkbox.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Michat, thanks again for your feedback. I read the details of upcoming GDPR european law, and it appears that it will be mendatory to clearly have 2 different checkboxes when a user subscribe web services for TOS and Privacy Policy and not both together.
That's why I would like to already prepare my website with such checkboxes.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Christian.
Okay, you already created a checkbox. To make thing more easy just create article with your Privacy policy.
Then you may use JCE Media Box plugin to display article in modal window.
Check how plugin creates links to pop up and use own article with link like this:

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&tmpl=component

Result will be a link in form, after clicking it, modal window with article will be displayed.

Check more by googling JCE Media Box plugin.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński