Template Overrides

6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I have special links in sidebar modules. When my site is viewed on mobile phones, the modules are pushed to the bottom of the activities stream. Can I use the template override to add one link that will always appear at the top of the activities stream area? If so, which file to modify?
NOTE: Login is required before users see the activity stream. Also, the menu is an option but I need the link to be instantly available (possibly near the "Filtered by..." dropdown).

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

Are you using socialize? if you wanna the module show on the top you should put the position to "sidebar-1"

Actaully I need to test it directly, would you mind provide me backend access, please?

thank you!

6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,
It is in sidebar-1. And it's working correctly as it appears at the top of all other modules. Remember I said "WHEN VIEWED ON A MOBILE PHONE." When viewed on a mobile phone (not on pc or laptop), ALL modules are pushed to the bottom of the activities stream. Look at any jomsocial site on a mobile phone. And yes, I am using Socialize. I just wanted to add a link (not a module) that will always appear at top of activity stream near "Filtered By..."

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have the same problem. I have "MyLatestPhotos" plugin in the sidebar top position. This works great on a desktop, but on a smaller mobile/tablet size screen, the photos are then pushed to the bottom of the screen below the about me info and stream etc. How can you make it stay in the top position? When using Chrome's "Inspect" feature, it looks like on a desktop, it shows in order joms-sidebar and then joms-main, BUT, once the screen size gets smaller, the ordering changes to joms-main and then joms-sidebar. How can we stop this from happening?

PS - I do not have Socialize, but I think this is a core issue not related to Socialize.

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

Would you mind provide me backend and FTP access, please?

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kevin,

Would you mind create new topic for your issue please?

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Info sent by private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin
6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Embarrassing, but I do not see a private message. Where do I go to retrieve this? Thanks so much!

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Kevin wrote: Embarrassing, but I do not see a private message. Where do I go to retrieve this? Thanks so much!

go to my profile page on community, and you can see the send message button there :)

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,
I guess my post was hijacked and you forgot about me.

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

if you want to put the module at top of activity stream near "Filtered By..." , here the steps:
1. copy base.php from
/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/toolbar/
to
/templates/[joomla active template]/html/com_community/layouts/toolbar/ (create this location if not exist)

2. edit base.php (at new location) at line 50, put this code

<div class="joms-module__wrapper"><?php $this->renderModules('js_activity_top'); ?></div>

3. and assign the module to js_activity_top position
4. done :)

ref:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński