The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Integrating Jomsocial with Paypal

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

I would like to implement a platform where users can sign up choosing two different profiles, for example profile A and profile B. Users with profile A will be able to sell a service, not a product, and users with profile B will be able to buy the service from users A. It's kinda like a Freelance site, where I can purchase a freelance service from a user but only if I have a costumer profile. In order to make this platform I need to implement an adaptive payment flow with Paypal, since the pay for the service will be made to the platform owner first that will give the amount to the user who sell the service minus a commission within a delay of 24 hours.

Is it possibile to costumize Jomsocial in order to build such a platform? How can the Paypal implementation be done within Jomsocial and Joomla the way I want it to be? Can you suggest me a solution to handle this whole thing?

Thank you very much!

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alfonso,

by default jomsocial not able to do that. you can use 3rd party extensions for it. here some ref:
www.jomsocial.com/addons/memberships

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfonso
9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Thank you Albertus, though these extensions are not exactly what I was looking for since I'm not interested in making my platform a subscription website. Do you know some modules or som other solutions to integrate only a customizable Paypal adaptive flow as I describe above?

Thank you!

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Alfonso,

so far I cant find any 3rd party for this purpose.
I think you need to hire developer for that:
www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński