Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

By invite button and permission issue

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • dani
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi, I set the site on invite only, the link on the front page was showing then stopped showing.
Now I get the following and can't figure out how to remove it.

You do not have permission to view this resource. Please contact the Site Administrator.

Source code:
<div id="community-wrap" class="jomsocial-wrapper on-socialize ltr cProfile"><div class="jomsocial">
<div class="joms-alert--danger">
You do not have permission to view this resource. Please contact the Site Administrator.</div>
How can I remove that and bring back the by invite only button ?
Thank you.

Attachments:
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Dani.

Thank you for contacting us.
It seems that you misconfigured your site as frontpage is for registered users only.
So first check your menu items access privileges.

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: dani
6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • dani
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Thank you for your reply.
I just didn't want anything showing for guests so I put everything as registered.
I will uninstall and reinstall everything again as Im new to joomla
Could you please let me know where I can find instructions on how to install the quick setup for socialize 2.

Thanks again.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Dani.

You need to have at least one page public - JomSocial frontpage.
You may set all modules to registered and set activity stream to members only in Backend -> Components-> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Layout
prntscr.com/hluj4s

Check this documentation (attached). Use JS Toolbar instead JomSocial Toolbar for Socialize Template. Socialize is set to default - all what you'll need to do is to assign modules to correct positions.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dani
6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Michał wrote: HI, Dani.

You need to have at least one page public - JomSocial frontpage.
You may set all modules to registered and set activity stream to members only in Backend -> Components-> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Layout
prntscr.com/hluj4s

Check this documentation (attached). Use JS Toolbar instead JomSocial Toolbar for Socialize Template. Socialize is set to default - all what you'll need to do is to assign modules to correct positions.

Im having the same problem what do you mean by You need to have at least one page public - JomSocial frontpage. An where could I do this..

Thanks..

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Thomas.

You need to have a menu item that links to JomSocial frontpage and it needs to be public.
Create it in one of your menus.
If that still won't help - please, open new thread and provide site credentials, I'll take a look.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński