The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

to install a theme or a template ?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

I'm new to the community ! I have a medical news site which I am trying to make a social page for the medical community. So I would like to know if I need to install a template or a theme ?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
There is a difference between "theme" and "template". Template is used by Joomla! as a layout for pages. All pages use default template. all modules or components are displayed as content in the template. Theme is used to style only certain part of your site e.g component. So basically template won't change the look of JomSocial (unless it's a dedicated template) but a them installed in JS will change the way it's displayed.

You must have a Joomla! template while themes are optional (Joomla! is installed with default theme).

So it's up to you what template will you use or if you use any theme.

If you wan to have a professional looking template, please, check them here: www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates or here: www.gavick.com/joomla-templates

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thank you first for your answer !
It's understood . I have a second question concerning the jomsocial component itself. is it possible to link it to a facebook page. like to show the activity of the facebook page in the component
thank you again

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

There is option to connect JomSocial with Facebook. But it won't show each post from FB.
When user logs in via FB then avatar is updated along with latest FB activity.
So there is no full synchronization between those two.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

A real saying, I have a community that works and shares with the mobile. so extending into a website without a mobile connection is not practical. like the ijoomer app. but according to the comments, it does not work well

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Please, read Sinisa's post regarding mobile app: www.jomsocial.com/forum/pre-sales-questi...s-and-android#173863
I hope it will shed more light on this issue :)

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
Thanks again for your answers but I still have a question of language. I installed the French pack but nothing is changed. should I change something because I do not find the button language change in the component ?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Did you sued language package from here: www.jomsocial.com/translations
It may be that part you're looking at is not translated yet...
You do not set language in JomSocial - it follows Joomla! settings ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alaabouch
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you so much

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński