getting socialize template to work :( . Very URGENT

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • bignon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

there is a problem with this template. Module Class suffix do not work for instance, when I pick SBOX2 or SBOX4, it does not have any effect on the module appearance on the front-end. several module positions do not even show up in the module list for me to pick them. I've being trying for several hours to use the module positions TOP and UTILITY, they don't even show up in the list.
I am not sure if when someone take a look, the problem will still be there, because i am going to switch back to my old template. I already wasted a lot of times on this and I am having a time constraint.
Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • bignon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I already another thread regarding modules that are not working. I believed that the problem was with my joomla instalation. So I completely deleted it and re-installed from scrach. Still, I am having trouble. Well, I want to have a website that looks and feel exactly like the Socialize demo site. I did everything I could, but I am not moving forward. the module positions behave weird and the module suffix are not taking effect at all.
So can someone log in my back end and help me with that. Please it very URGENT. I need to deliver this site tomorrow, and I thought that the Socialize template would be helpful, but.....

10 years 2 months ago
  • Justin
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. Before our team can assist you, they would need to have an access to your backend. Would you be kind enough to edit your first posts and fill in the 'Site Info' form? The information can and will only be seen by our administrator.

We look forward to help you with your site. Do reply once you've fill in the form. Thank you!

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi bignon,

Can you provide me backend and FTP access, please? So I can inspect this.

thank you

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • bignon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Justin!
When I hit the edit button, it does not show any field where I can privately put my website credentials. I will send you a message with the information you need

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I still dont get your issue very well, I suggest you also provide us the screenshoot and step by step how to replicate it

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • bignon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

ok. My goal is to make a site that looks exactly like the demo website. but no matter what I do, I can't get the same result. for instance, when I set a module suffilx class for modules, they don't have any effect in the front end. The front end just looks like I didn't set any module suffix. (look at attachment P2). Second, I don't want the template to cover 100% of the screen, but I don't know to set it.

Well, I would suggest something to make it simple: what if you guys go ahead and do the required settings so that I can have the same look and feel as the demo site. I already gave you all the permissions and credential you need to do so. I emailed everything to Justin.

Thank you for your help

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Anyway, you havent provided me the correct backend access, the account which you gave to me 2 days ago is not working.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • bignon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

ok, I am going to email everything to you shortly, because the forum does not give me any secure field where I can put my credentials.
as I said in another posting, I completely deleted my website and reinstalled a clean copy of joomla along with a new installation of joomsocial. Again, you have permission to do whatever setting you need, as long as the outcome looks and feels like the demo site.
Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

OK, I will try set it for you, you also can send the private info via PM in our community page.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • bignon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Just sent everything in your inbox

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I just set the suffix module for event module, please check again.. please make sure when you add class suffix eg . sbox1, you need add empty space before sbox1.. eg to be like this : " sbox1" (correct) instead of "sbox1" (not correct)

another module variations you can read here socialize.jomsocial.com/explore/module-variations

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

I was having the same issue. I placed a space before it and I still have not been able to make it work.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jackie,

Can you create new topic and provide me the backend info please?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński