Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error 404 page

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Garry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello!
Recently I addressed the redirection problem to the 404 error page if I typed the wrong address.
I'm very sorry, but I was wrong. Problem still exists. I tried to make page 404 as a material. I tried to add the page as a separate file in the root of the site. No results - something carries me from a non-existent address to the main page. What could it be? By the way, on your website socialize.jomsocial.com/ is the same.
Thank you!

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

404 Error page is managed by joomla. Here You will find a small instruction about how to create such page: docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_Custom_404_Error_Page

I think a lack of it is a reason why it's redirecting to frontpage. Please try it and if it's not the case come back to me with an access to joomla panel so I'll be able to try myself.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Garry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr!
Yes, I created page 404 for this instruction. But no results - any wrong request leads to the main page. I will post access to the joomla panel in the email.
Thank you so much!

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I've investigated and indeed jomsocial when used as a default dite's page is missing exceptions managing. Reporting this to programmers, will let You know when it develops.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Garry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr!
Thanks for the info. I hope this will be possible in the future. Objectively, this is a necessary function for JS.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Problem has been addressed. For now You can use a different type o component for default frontpage. For example make a Welcome page from a joomla article. This way a component used for default one will manage exceptions and redirects to a 404 error page.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Garry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr!
Well, unfortunately my project does not provide for other Welcome pages except the main page of Jomsocial. So I better wait for JS improvements. But thanks anyway!

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Ok I understand. It was just a temporary solution. Will let You know when such adjustment will be implemented.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Garry
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński