Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JA Social 2 & Jomsocial Bugs

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi Jomsocial,
4 months ago (after installation) of the full JA Social & Jomsocial package I experienced various problems.
These were mentioned previously, but I did not have time to come around this again.
I was then asked by (DIMAS) to provide a video of the bugs, so here it goes:
Bug report Video on youtube:
youtu.be/oJR0XmeyfBc

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I checked the video you shared and tested same on your site.
For an update: The default Joomla update gives the notification for the extension that needs to be updated, its nothing related to Jomsocial or JA Social ii template.
To update JA Extensions and template you need to use JA Extension manager: www.joomlart.com/update-steps

For Member view issue Yes there is some issue in the members view. But i am not sure about the group's member as the 91 members are showing on the backend.
I am sharing it with the development team for more debug.
Just let me know that this issue comes after updated to Beta version 4.5.1?
Becuase beta version is released for testing the feature or you were getting the same issue on JS 4.5 as well.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,
all these problems showed up on a fresh install of the socialize - JA social II package (see here the original bug thread: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/375...oblems-since-upgrade ), which I installed fully (with show content)
The updates show up but when installed on through the updates panel, after a cashe refresh they show up again. I am only able to install updates through uploading the update packages. not a big problem though... however weird. As a matter of fact it was related to a similar problem I had when I would delete the showcase content that comes with the template package. Every time I would delete the articles... after 1/2 or so they would be repopulated ... very weird.

Thanks for looking into the other problems.
On another note:

I was thinking of just doing a fresh install, but do not want to loose any content from jomsocial - is there any docs I can follow to know which database can copy without taking any of the current bugs over?

Kindly,
Henri

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
If you use the same database it will have the same members,
On Jomsocial backend > theme designer > layouts
Matchmaking mode was enabled that mean: Enable matchmaking mode to see the list of members of opposite gender.
We disabled the option, now you can see all members.

To check the members are correct we need DB access, kindly edit the first post and submit phpmyadmin access or cpanel access.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,
Is there any documentation I can find on the matchmaking

please when checking database for the groups and members, can you also check why all members are admins of the groups?

Thanks for your input.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
The database looks fine for the group and only 2 users are group admin that was published here; prntscr.com/i57haq
Let me know if still there is any issue in the membership list or wrong member displaying.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,
Thanks for your input... the group with all the administrators is the members group. However I have decided to rebuild a new system and import the database tables and information, as I was experiencing bugs with the groups on (I was unable to share articles to the groups since the beta upgrade - I decided to uninstall the beta and I ended with an error 500) All in all I was also experiencing other bugs, which in my opinion were related to having uploaded the quickstart package and other unrelated activities.

Is there an help article I can follow to process a correct migration to a clean database and system?

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Henri Hemmerechts,
If you will move the database to a new version it would be same.
You can take backup of the community table and restore them on new database,
In this process, the same data will show on your site that is in the database. Just an example if you will 100 users in this site DB and you will use this DB on new site, the user will be same 100.

You can see the database of Jomsocial file with table name _community

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

So basically my only choice is to loose the groups info and personal profiles and start afresh? Or solve the current issues... which are not solved yet. the group that is not showing correctly is: members

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
The group members showing in the backend and front seems fine 91 for the member group.
I also shared the issue with the developer to verify this on your site.
There is one issue i noticed is group show 83 members but its has 91 members, we are checking it again on site.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

yes that's correct, furthermore almost all members are Administrators of the group... which should not be.
I think this might have been caused by Membership pro component. I have redirected registration through jomsocial again,
Is there a way to add by bulk members to a certain group? through PHPmyadmin ? Can I also revert them to users instead of admins by bulk through mysql?

thanks for still looking into this issue.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
The issue is from the membership extension you are using is settings the member's admin and group 83 is also due to the same issue.
The group 83 is from the membership extension. I We fixed the 83 no. issue showing in the member group. There is no issue in the Jomsocial database now.
I suggest you to contact the membership pro extension for the group admin issue as it's from the extension itself and configure it correctly. Also, check the membership pro extension compatibility with Jomsocial 4.5
its seems the extension is not fully ready for Jomsocial.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński