Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile location: Additional location integration fields not working

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Additional (defined) Location fields values like street, city, state, postal code and country are not saved to appropriate fields. All that data does exist in Google API response and should be saved in custom user fields. Tested with custom fields defined as Text box and Location.
I have additional fields defined and set in Integrations for:
- Street Field Code
- City Field Code
- State Field Code
- Country Field Code
Fields are created in DB _fields table. Additional fields were defined as Location or Text box. In both cases no data was saved in _fields_values. Tried with fields that are Read Only and Admin Only options but without desired result.

Location value that is defined as Location Field Code in Integrations is saved as as it should be.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Vladimir.

Thank you, but you forgot to provide site credentials :)

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michał,
sorry but I cannot provide credentials since my site is still in local development stage, but I can replicate this on JomSocial 4.5 and JomSocial 4.5 Beta 1.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Vladimir.

This must be replicated on live server - not on localhost as JS was designed to work in Internet.
Please, set it on live server and test again.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Location is working perfectly on local server so should additional location fields, since your script does not make additional location request as far as I can see. It should take data from initial Location (Google) response (link bellow) and save data in DB fields defined in Integrations as it does with Location.
maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/jso...BluglnUdKjVIy-3N9CaM
where it saves "address_components"[0]/"long_name", "formatted_address" and "geometry"/"location"
as
{"name":"Zvezdara","desc":"Zvezdara, Belgrade, Serbia","lat":"44.77671369999999","lng":"20.5324028"}

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Vladimir.

I assign developer to investigate this further.
I'll update you ASAP.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vladimir
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
We need some more information about your issue. The location feature in the jomsocial backend > configuration > integration
It uses Google API only Location field type (google location with suggestion box)
and other fields only treated as the ordinary input field, not related to Google location API
- Street Field Code
- City Field Code
- State Field Code
- Country Field Code

These fields did not work for API and work as normal fields.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That is correct. Only
Location Field Code
is defined as
Type: Location
in Profiles > Customize Profile
All other Integration fields like:
- Street Field Code
- City Field Code
- State Field Code
- Country Field Code
- Zip/Post Code
are defined as
Type: Textbox
in Profiles > Customize Profile

Problem is that values for those fields (Street Field Code, City Field Code, State Field Code, Country Field Code & Zip/Post Code) are not saved in database.
Location is saved correctly, which means that google API did return response on query and result is saved in database.
IMHO problem is that additional fields are not saved/filled with data from same query and not saved in database.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
As i understand the other fields values are not present/showing in the user profile.
Kindly put the site live and share the site details, so we have a look on this issue.
Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

Additional fields will show in profile but not for the Google map.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No Live site ATM. I don't need to show additional fields on map. I just need those fields to be present in User Profile, as that was how those were working.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
We need the site details so we can check this issue.
Please put the site live and share the details with us.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No You do not need live site. Test this feature on pure JomSocial install (as I did) and You will see if additional location fields are filed in with data and does that data show up in User Profile. There is functionality in JomSocial that does not work. My live site of yours does not make a difference. Server settings should not make difference since Location is actually working.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
Here are the steps :
1 . Created new fields in Jomsocial for profile city, state, country, zip as text
2. User registration and filled these custom fields
3. Its showing fine on user profile: prntscr.com/i4psrm

if you still have issue kindly put the site live and share details, without access you understand its hard to assume issue.
You can put site live, and share details with us.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vladimir
6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Awesome news. Thank You. I have to figure it out what I'm doing wrong :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński