Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile location: additional fields not working and some countries missing

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

1) Republic of Serbia is missing from data saved to Location field. Location have all other data in place (street, neighborhood, city) but country is missing??? According to data that your scripts are working with and that Google provides, country name is there but when data is saved there is none? More info here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...g-from-location-data
2) JomSocial 4.5: Additional fields for location (integration) not working. Defined city, state and country fields and no data is saved in db and not showed in profile. Screenshots provided. All done on unmodified JomSocial 4.5.
- Admin back-end fields definitions,
- integration settings,
- front-end profile missing data but location (field) has that data, and
- 2 db table screenshots from #__community_fields and #__community_fields_values with appropriate data.

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

1. The "Soho" location defined in england not serbia do you mean? seems there is more than one location with name Soho? please explain more.
2. This options wont be saved on the database value but will be assigned into Jomsocial global variable, and our code will check the configuration from there, and then will be implemented to code directly... if my answer is not fit with your question please let me know :)

thank you!

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

1) enter as location field for user: "Banovo Brdo Beograd" and pick first suggestion. Take a look at data saved in that field and notice that country is missing. In google response there is country name. Your script does not include it in saved data. Data saved in #__community_fields_values should be
{"name":"Banovo brdo","desc":"Belgrade, Serbia","lat":"44.7767729","lng":"20.41556289999994"}
and not
{"name":"Banovo brdo","desc":"Belgrade","lat":"44.7767729","lng":"20.41556289999994"}
2) I define 3 additional textfield for custom user profile: City, State, Country. Then I assign those fields to correspondent fields in Integrations / Google Maps. Why are not City, State and Country saved as separate values for each user since those fields do exist in db just remain empty? Screenshot are there to illustrate that problem.

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

1. the record only will detect the location based on field type location, and we follow the response from JSON google map, this is not related with country, since country is different field (this answer be continued to no 2)
2. I suggest, disable the another field like state, country and city, change them all with location.. i think it will be good solution to avoid the confusing..

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Please, test Location in user profile on your test jomsocial by entering in user profile:
Banovo Brdo Beograd
as location, pick first suggestion, hit Save Changes and see what is saved in database as location. In my case I get:
{"name":"Banovo brdo","desc":"Belgrade","lat":"44.7767729","lng":"20.41556289999994"}

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Yes, I get same JSON param, actaully the code be taken from Google API itself, on google that location doesnt provide the country.. try on select another location, actaully the country is working fine.

To avoid the confusing, I suggest you enable new addtional field "Country"

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, JomSocial takes Google API response but in case of country Serbia (and maybe some more) country is removed from JSON that is saved in location field in db. Country does exist in Google API response for example location. That's what I'm trying to explain in this post:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...location-data#181989

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,
I gotcha the problem, if I check this url

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=Banovo%20Brdo%20Beograd&key=AIzaSyD3cBX42-fLC2SBluglnUdKjVIy-3N9CaM
Country Serbia is defected

Let me discuss this with our Javascript Developer...

thank you!

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Looking forward to a patch file :)

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Sure.. please be patient and wait :)

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

6 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vladimir
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Any news?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Vladimir.

It's still in developers queue.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vladimir
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński