Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Validation for Phone number and Pincode

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
In the Registration form, the fields phone no, Mobile no and pincode do not have validation.
The user may enter alphabets instead of digits by mistake!!

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Sheetal.

Thank you for contacting us.
That is correct, as for now registration fields doesn't have validation check.
This is something that we should implement in future versions I guess.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

But this is a very basic functionality. After working for 3 months on jomsocial i have to tell my client that there is no validation for phone numbers and pincodes!!

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This is urgent.....Can you please tell me the name of the files which i can modify add my own validations for Pincode and phone numbers?
Thanks

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Sheetal.

JomSocial is a community builder extension rather that form builder :)
Fields are used for profiles only.
Validation is enabled for certain, predefined fields like date or email or gender.
I'm afraid that it will be extremely hard to implement field validation unless you implement own profile fields types.
Currently you have fields such as textbox. If you implement validation check for that field you want be able to utilize that field for any other purpose. E.g if you implement PIN validation check to textbox you won't be able use that field to anything else but PIN codes (you don't have option in backend to precise what is field purpose).

But... you may add php condition that if certain title or field code is used then certain validation check is fired.

Field code files are stored here: ROOT/components/com_community/libraries/fields

Please, note that such a customization will be a core hack. Core hacks are not recommended nor supported as they may not working with future JomSocial releases and/or cause issues that won't be not supported. Users with core files hack often refuse to upgrade their installation to keep those hacks and they are stuck with outdated and unsupported versions. Also, core hack will be overwritten during upgrade.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Will Jomsocial Profile Pro help me in having custom Validations and dependant drop down fields?

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Sheetal.

To be honest - I don't know as this extension doesn't belong to us.
Please, contact extension developers.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński