Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Wrong Birth date or Error when changing DOB

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:

When updating the Date Of Birth field, user gets an error in JomSocial v4.0.9 with Joomla 3.4.3
Here is the Error Mesage:
DATETIME::__CONSTRUCT(): FAILED TO PARSE TIME STRING (0NAN-NAN-NAN) AT POSITION 0 (0): UNEXPECTED CHARACTER
It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that.

Same issue as posted here
http://www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universal-features/23905-error-when-updating-birthday-on-profile

In JomSocial v4.0.8 running on Joomla 3.3.6 the field Birthdate shows incorrect date after user saves. It appears that it shows either 1 month before the desired month, so if user enters February then shows as January

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1Edit Profile in JomSocial
2 Save

RESULT
Either erros out or shows wrong birthdate, depending on version of JomSocial

EXPECTED RESULT
Expect it to save the date entered and/or not throw and error

BROWSER
Chrome, Safari, FireFox on Mac
Chrome, Internet Exploader on Windows

In the other users post 5 months ago the support response (as usual) was "will be fixed in next version, update your JomSocial" and I am curious what version has the fix? I'm running 4.0.8 currently and willing to go to 4.0.9 but DO NOT INTEND TO UPDATE TO 4.1 until all the bugs are worked out... so a fix would would be appreciated.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

On main domain running joomla 3.3.6 and JomSocial 4.0.8 I have discovered that the field for Date Of Birth must be left in default format and it will show correct date, but it's a confusing format for the Americas.

I was about to update my joomla from 3.3.6 to the latest 3.4.3 today but would prefer an incorrect date vs. an error so would appreciate a prompt response.

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

It can be different issue, would you mind provide me FTP access please?

Thanks

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dimas,

I've previously provided FTP credentials and they should be on-file with my account. I have attached the credentials to this ticket.

Also, whenever you do "look into it" it's imperative that you document ANY changes made. Due to the number of bugs found in all versions of JS recently we've had to create multiple development and staging environments to apply & test updates prior to introducing on our live site.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I cant see it, I think you need to re-post again..

Please you edit your FTP by editing this page www.jomsocial.com/index.php?option=com_k...d=28483&mesid=138875

thank you

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

added the info, dunno what happened but it's there now

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

thank you, your FTP is working fine, but now please unblocked your site for my country ID

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Xristoph.

I reassign developer to this thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I tried to edit the profile and save it. but I cant find any error.
the birthdate format already n/j/Y

maybe I missing something?

Regsrds

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'm not sure how or where the n/j/Y formatting came from on the live site (main domain) but the problem occurs when using our preferred format of M d Y. View your profile on the test domain and then edit profile date. It looks fine to users when viewing profile but it's incorrect to the user in "Edit Profile" view.

For example, if I edit my date to be September 10, 1970 and then save profile, my birthdate is displayed as August 10, 1970. When I go to view profile, it appears as Sep 10 1970 but when in Edit Profile view (for any reason) the birthdate displays Aug 10 1970.

Basically, the month previous to my birth month is displayed to me in Edit Profile view

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

can you give me the link/URL (with screenshot if posible) for that different date format?
I just checked, the date format M d Y at jomsocial birthdate setting.

Regards

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I went ahead and modified the date format we want on live site. In my example I've chosen January 1st 2000 as my DOB

1. Edit your birthdate

Attachment ScreenShot2015-08-20at9.03.44AM.png not found

2. save

Attachment ScreenShot2015-08-20at9.04.10AM.png not found

3. View birthdate, is it the same?

Attachment ScreenShot2015-08-20at9.04.17AM.png not found

Here is Profile of user in example

Ignore what is shown on a profile view, it's only in the respective users Edit Profile view... but it confuses users at the least since Save function on Edit Profile does not reDirect to View Profile. If you'd like, just make the SAVE PROFILE action reDirect to the View Profile and we'll consider this issue fixed.

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I confirmed, its a bug. please wait for the fix.
for temporary please change that date format to Y-m-d

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

here the fix:

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

unzip and put it at:
/components/com_community/assets/vendors/toolkit.min.js

Regards