Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Show filesharing files from all over the site in one place

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey,

i would like to know if there is an opportunity to show all files that have been uploaded by users to group discussions in on single place (as a page or as a module)? Something like a sitemap for downloadable files?

I thought of a SQL query or phocadownloads integration but hopefully you have a better alternative for me. Maybe a magic module? :)

Kindest regards,

Phil

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Philipp,

Jomsocial not able todo that. you can visit this page:
uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

for future request. jomsocial is always looking for suggestions of how to improve.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok i will post a feature release for that even though ive seen now that there is a button "show group files" underneath the group cover image - cool).

There must be table entries in the database, right?

I could write my own module. Or use a 3rd-party extension.

There is a folder "root/images/files/discussion" which i assume is the folder where the files are stored. But for some reason there are none of the files i uploaded to group discussions.

But there is another thing: can i allow users to share files in their profile? Or to show the files they uploaded to discussions?

Cheers buddy

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Phil,

file sharing only related with group discussions it self. to make it for profile, it cant. because jomsocial not store user id for uploaded files

at database jomsocial stored it at table #_community_files, you can see the files location at there. by default it locating at root/images/files/discussion/[group id/]

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński