Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Birthday (FIELD_BIRTHDATE) not working with UK, FR style dates

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The date picker corrupt the date, if the date format is not Y-m-d.

The issue comes from libraries/fields/date.php.

A quick fix is to use the previous version of this file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: testcouch
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Olivier,

I confirmed this is a bug. please wait for the fixes.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi ,

same issue in default/search.advancesearch.php.
The date picker is not well initialized , so the search is returning always none when searching by date

1) dateFormat: is not initialized ( should be "yy-mm-dd" for working correctly )

2) yearRange: is not initialized if the field is not a birthday field ( could be '1970:+0' )

3) on line 341 & 376 the if statement contains ===
I'm not sure that it is a valid syntax

The conclusion : I STOP with Jomsocial, I spend to much time to track and correct bugs regressions, you add on every release. that is not normal for a paid product.
In fact, we pay for the support service, and NO, we cannot wait each next release for each regression you add because a lack of quality

9 years 5 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the additional information i have added your last comments into the bug so the developers can look at your points. We do appreciate this kind of input.

In regards to faults in releases, i see your point and i agree we need to do better. We are constantly writing automation tests and already have 1000's of them, but a lot more are needed. We are also in the middle of some huge infrastructure upgrades to allow us to run more tests more often in a lot more environments. In the meantime i do apologize for this happening and it is something i will be discussing with the team today.

Once we have the fix for this issue we will update you directly in this post

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński