Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problems with watermarks

10 years 3 hours ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus thanks for helping me. I named the Folder Images/watermarks within the root Directory. Please let me know where I can sent my FTP Account Details so you will be able to check. Another Problem occurs with the following link:

www.springtipps.de/de/startbase/multiprofile/index.php ( It´s going nowhere.)

I can´t change User Profiles for some reason. I mention this issue before. Since I use more than one language, the Profile Fields have to be available in two languages. That means -there must be an option to switch profiles - I think there is some solution for that issue somewhere in the forum.

10 years 2 hours ago
Licenses:

Hi, Peter.

Please, could you describe your issue... and what it has to do with watermarks?
It seem s that in this thread you merged few of them...

Provided link displayed a page where I could choose profile type - so it leads somewhere...

So, PLEASE, describe your issue in way we could understand how we could help you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Attachments:
10 years 43 minutes ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok now I will be able to replay. You are ride, I have to go step by step.

1.First Problem Watermarks
Let me attach a picture witch my look familiar to you. Let me know if you need my FTP Account Details and where to sent them. Sorry for the inconvenience I am a new member here. Thanks

Attachments:
10 years 7 minutes ago
Licenses:

Hi, Peter.

You promised step by step but attached only a print screen :) You havent write what to do step by step.

But if I understand you well you want to have profile fields name in two languages... Well to achieve that you don't have to create TWO SEPARATED profiles. Just use Joomla! language overrides feature.

Here is short article how to use it: www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom...ew-language-override (It works the same way in Joomla! 3.2.3

So follow this steps:

1. Create language constant e.g: MY_CONSTANT_HOME_TOWN
2. For English you will add:
Constant = MY_CONSTANT_HOME_TOWN
Text = Home Town
3. For German you will add:
Constant = MY_CONSTANT_HOME_TOWN
Text = Heimat
4. Go to Components -> JomSocial -> Profiles -> Customize profile
5. Edit field that should be for home town and as a Name enter: MY_CONSTANT_HOME_TOWN

Now profile field name will be translated dynamically each time user switch language on your site. The same should works for field description.

But to solve your issue with profiles use this service: prntscr.com/ to add print screens as those attached on forum are too small and I don't see details of notices. And switch to English if it's possible... Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht ^^

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you Michael. I will Print out your Tutorial an try it exactly the way like you have written. The other Problem I told you, was the trouble with the Watermarks. It looks like every time I try to save a new Profile Type the Message comes. Because its in German, I try to translate this Message in to english.

JFolder::create: Der Pfad ist nicht in den „open_basedir“-Pfaden!
JFolder:: create: the Path is not in the „open_basedir“-Path!

prntscr.com/3co47f

Der Ordner für die Wasserzeichen kann nicht erstellt werden. Bitte die Rechte für den Bildordner prüfen.
The Folder for the watermarks could not be created. Please prove the rights for your Image Folder.

In Fact your German is very good. Michael

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Peter.

This is probably your hosting issue and it rather apply to Joomla! than to JomSocial.
I edited English profile and added an icon of basket ball. Change was saved even if notice was displayed.

So if you cold save - just ignore notice.
But you could hack Joomla! core file to get rid of it:

ROOT/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php

Look for: $obd = ini_get('open_basedir');

And comment it like thise: //$obd = ini_get('open_basedir');

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank You Michal for fixing the Problems with the Watermarks. I also came a big step further with the Override Procedure. I included a Screenshot.

prntscr.com/3cyhdx .

Now so far every Field in the Profile Form is now correctly shown in two languages. GERMAN / ENGLISH. Except the Headlines ( Groups ) and the Multiple Select Fields. I tried several different Override Solutions but they did not work. Do you have any Idea Michal?

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Peter.

Try to use the same trick for field group names and dropdown select options.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński