Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Several problems with new Socialize template

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Daniel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

I've been spending a lot of time fixing these problems since I bought JomSocial and the Socialize template a day ago, and hope to help the JomSocial team as well as other people who are running into these.

First, the big issues: in your Socialize demo site, any page you browse to was giving a javascript error for "collapse" being undefined, or something similar. I had also been getting the error "'joms' is undefined". This was coming from the new toolbar code. Additionally, when on any non-JomSocial page, if you're logged in and you click one of the toolbar buttons you get a javascript error "'cMiniWindowShow' is undefined". This is because the required javascript libraries aren't being loaded.

On a different topic, I couldn't get the template to use Google fonts, using either of the techniques described here: www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?8....0-with-google-fonts .

To fix these, I inserted the following code at line 26 of /templates/socialize/tpls/blocks/head.php:

<?php
//$this->addStyleSheet(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css');
//$this->addStyleSheet(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/modules/module.css');
$this->addStyleSheet(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/window.css');
//$this->addStyleSheet(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/minitip.css');
//$this->addStyleSheet(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/autocomplete.css');
//$this->addStyleSheet(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/jqueryui/datepicker/css/ui-lightness/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.css');

$this->addScript(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/joms.jquery-1.8.1.min.js');
//$this->addScript(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/script-1.2.min.js');
$this->addScript(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/window-1.0.min.js');
//$this->addScript(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/minitip-1.0.js');
$this->addScript(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/bootstrap/bootstrap.min.js');
//$this->addScript(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/jqueryui/datepicker/js/jquery-ui-1.9.2.custom.js');
//$this->addScript(JURI::root() . 'components/com_community/assets/joms.ajax.min.js');
?>

<?php
$this->addStyleSheet(' fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400,500,700 ');
?>

I left those commented-out lines in there, just in case some other functionality might be required from one of those libraries/stylesheets for something I haven't encountered yet. But I believe the uncommented lines are minimally required for the toolbar to work correctly on all non-JomSocial pages.

In my custom.css, I have the following:

body {
font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;
font-size: 15px;
color: #333333;
}

#community-wrap .js-toolbar-mods.toolbar-login .btn,
#community-wrap.community-toolbar.toolbar-login .btn {
font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}

td {
border-top: none;
padding: 0;
}

.form-horizontal .control-label {
text-align: left;
}

.pagination a {
padding-left:14px !important;
padding-right:14px !important;
}

Right now the big problem I'm working on is the Facebook Connect module. It doesn't play well with the toolbar at all. I want it in the header as part of the toolbar actually. First, I eventually had success getting it next to the toolbar in a visually almost seamless way, and working reasonably well with resizing the window. But, then I realized that it completely throws off the responsive design of the template, so I had to throw it out. I figured that the only way to make it work correctly, responsively, is to merge the jomsocialconnect and community_toolbar modules, so that the toolbar can include the Facebook login button. I'll have this ready in the next couple of days.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Daniel.

1)To be honest I'm not able to replicate this problem, could you maybe provide us with some exact steps to reproduce this issue on your site?

2)Question about different fonts, was already answered on your joomlart's forum.

3)And about this FBC issue, could you also provide us with some steps to reproduce this problem so our developers could take a look?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Daniel
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hey Chris, thanks for the prompt response.

For (1), I can do better than that - here's how to reproduce it on your site: :)

1. Go to socialize.jomsocial.com/
  2. Login
  3. Navigate to a non-JomSocial page, e.g. socialize.jomsocial.com/explore/about-socialize
  4. Click on New Messages in the toolbar
  5. In Firefox you get the JS error "cMiniWindowShow is not defined @ socialize.jomsocial.com/components/com_c...script-1.2.min.js:84 ," then you are redirected immediately back to the home page, where you can then see your messages

The expected behaviour is that it should function the same as on the home page, i.e. it should pop up the Message window without throwing a JS error, and without immediately redirecting the user.

For (3), I figure that it's not supposed to be used this way, but this is the way I need it to work - since most of my site visitors will be entering the site on inner pages (i.e. not the home page). All you need to do is publish the FBC module to the same location as the toolbar, and it immediately looks terrible. As I alluded to, I had a bunch of rules in my custom.css (plus a small hack in one of the template files) to make it look almost seamless, but that breaks down completely when you resize the window and make it small. I am fixing this myself by combining the two modules, as I mentioned (I'm not asking for support here, just explaining the issue). I'm a professional developer too, so I don't mind making some fixes myself. (Your developers would understand what I'm talking about if they see this post.)

By the way, for (2), if anybody else can get Google fonts to work without the hack I mentioned, please post the technique :) I may try messing around with it again at some point, but it's not my biggest concern right now.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Daniel.

I'm able to replicate this issue, so I'm passing this thread to our developers, thanks for report.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński