Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Has Anyone gotten this nightmare to work? Socialize Template with JomSocial 4.5?

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Seriously folks, this is now a nightmare.

Does anyone have a fix for this nightmare?

Soooooooooo tired of wasting my time... about to get rid of my client who insists on this piece of garbage... MAKE IT WORK JUST ONCE PLEASE...!!!!

Go on the website using ijoomla install from package purchased LAST YEAR. We have yet to get your system to work correctly

Install says 4.3.3 is installed... okay says 4.3.4 upgrade required... okay push the upgrade... wait a minute for it to go through all the data installs etc and says it's up to date... back to admin... still says 4.3.3 installed.

That just keeps doing the same thing if you pick it again... same cycle, pretends to update and you still end up with 4.3.3 Once again, you have wasted time on fancy and got nothing for it.
So you go and download 4.5... funny iJoomla install says 4.3.3 installed and only 4.3.4 available. Shouldn't that say 4.5 available?

So install 4.5 and some bugs appear to be fixed but not all... still can't edit user in 4.5 which is the whole point of this program. ijoomla installed version now says 4.5 installed latest version 4.3.4 Upgrade Required! in RED Install/Upgrade is RED!

Please fix this NOW!!!!

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Socialize full support Jomsocial.
Please check you have installed the Latest version of the template.
for the Jomsocial update from Jomsocial 4.4 there is no more use of Ijoomla installer now.
Please follow this step: www.jomsocial.com/blog/jomsocial-4-4-4-w...ons-is-now-available

Edit User :

You can edit the user profile details from the front end, if you want to edit username/passwords
Open Joomla > user manager or Jomsocial > Activity > members.

Kindly follow the blog posts to get latest updates information:)

Let me know if there is any other issue.

Regaeds

The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • User is blocked
Licenses:

What's it going to take for you guys to get synchronized with your tech manuals and installation processes? I waste so much time chasing my tail on your stuff I begin to wonder why I bought this. My download has 4.5.1 and your references are 4.4.4? The only one I can get to work is 4.5.1_beta2 which isn't even mentioned here. My download comes with 4.5.1 which doesn't work and 4.5.1_Beta2 which does work and the only thing I can't get to work is the JA K2 Search Now module. It works but the css is wrong.

I would like clear and concise information on what to install.

NOTE: the only way I got anything to work was using a Joomla pkg download with just a virgin joomla 3.8.5. NONE of the quickstarts work when you add JomSocial to it except 4.5.1_Beta2

I should be able to perform the following...

Install a quickstart site such as JA Directory
Add the Socialize Template
Add JomSocial
Add other components i.e. Virtuemart, JS-Jobs etc...

Have yet to be able to do it and am so far one bug away on development site from achieving what I want.

www.rxgreenthumb.com/tv21

Will try and re-install Directory Template with latest.

Also the K2 2.8 vs K2 2.7.1 JA Directory installs 2.7.1 and upgrade to 2.8 causes Directory to go to hell with just a virgin JA Directory Quickstart install, i.e. install quickstart... add ja filter and search now... works perfectly upgrade K2 to 2.8 nothing works. Have had to stay with 2.7.1 because of this issue.

Also will 4.4.4 overwrite 4.5.1 beta 2?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
JA Directory is a Joomla template and noting related with Jomsocial on it.
Please post the issue on our Joomlart forum if you have issue with JA Directory template: joomlart.com/forums

For Jomsocial Documentation is for older version but all the configurations are same.
Jomsocial 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 is a beta version, do not use it on live sites.
You can see in the package there is 4.5 version that is stable version and you can use it.
I checked the site you shared and it seems fine :
if you have any issue in the Jomsocial please share the complete issue details that you are facing in the Jomsocial.
If you will not share the issue details, it hard to assume the problem for us as well.

I noticed you have not posted any issue on the forum except this thread, this may be a delay in your site development.
Whenever you have an issue post the issue details related to Jomsocial and submit site details for staff/Mods.
So we can help you.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • User is blocked
Licenses:

Once again old stuff... you linked me to JomSocial 4.4.4 With One Click Update And Improved Translations Is Now Available

PUBLISHED ON
20 SEPTEMBER 2017

It is February 2018 and JomSocial has 4.5 which doesn't work and 4.5.1Beta2 which does.

Now what should be installed and please link something that is accurate and up to date please.

Got a laugh out of this one...

ONE-CLICK INSTALL
As for other notable changes, possibility to update JomSocial with one click install can now be used.
We described the procedure in JomSocial 4.4.3 announcement, all you have to do is to enter the license number and one-click install will work like a magic.

Magic... yep it takes a magician to get it running... now please get this up to date so when I go to perform the update via the license link after supplying the license... it actually works like MAGIC!

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • User is blocked
Licenses:

Joomlart and Jomsocial are the same company now. Please do not play pass the buck with me... it is very unprofessional and it is a tactic you guys use all too often.

Here's the plan... I'm going to install JA Directory quickstart, then I'm going to install Socialize and then I'm going to install JomSocial 4.5 and see what we get.

All three entities are produced by your company and it supposedly all works in the T3 system Joomlart came up with. Socialize is just a Joomlart template at it's core.

The main issue is Jomsocial not working after any install of a Joomlart quickstart package... I have done this on over a dozen quickstarts and the same thing happens. When I installed a Joomla 3.8.5 virgin install and then install Socialize, JomSocial 4.5.1Beta2 and any other template... everything works fine. I'm sure were we are at with the tv21 install is just a css issue now and I will continue to see if that can be fixed via the JA Directory forum.

Hopefully someday you guys put out some decent manuals that cover everything and are up to date with your products. That way a developer like me can actually read the instructions and install your packages. Your documentation sure looks pretty... fancy sidebar menu and everything... if only you put the same effort into content that you put into looking fancy, we'd have a great product here. But you guys like your fancy... BTW Masthead is probably the biggest waste of prime web page space to come along and you guys need to make it an option and not install it with quickstart... first thing we do is turn it OFF.

I'll keep you posted if it doesn't work and if it does I'll post a link with it working... Abe's got five on it doesn't work but who knows, stranger things have happened lol.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
as I understand your last post it's working for you now. Jomsocial also works on any other template like JA Directory as well.
If you found any problem let me know issue details with a screenshot and illustrate the problem,
Send me to site super user details and FTP account details in Private reply.
I will check it.
For the documentation, I will share your feedback to concern team for improvements.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • User is blocked
Licenses:

Do you like dancing? Seems all you are doing is dancing around the bush and not answering the question... you must have missed this...

"I would like clear and concise information on what to install."

Here's what you need to do...

Step one... install JA Directory Quickstart
Step two install JA K2 filter and have it work... like it does here... www.rxgreenthumb.com/tv25 (just installed JA Directory and K2 Filter component... works great so Joomlart NOT the issue.)
Step three installed Jomsocial 4.5 which was downloaded ten minutes before hand and unzipped and installed and the magic that was suppose to happen happened but can''t select any jomsocial tabs and dropdowns don't dropdown. I can log in but no selection of jomsocial works.

So the MAGIC isn't so magical... and I have spent $1,600 USD of my time waiting for the magic today. 8 hrs x $200/hr = $1,600 on NON-BILLABLE TIME WASTED HERE PLAYING BACK AND FORTH SLOW DANCE!

If you can't answer the questions then get someone who can. This forum BS is expensive... not for you but for me and I am tired of wasting my valuable time on this pathetic forum "NON-SUPPORT" system of yours.

Setup a Professional ticket system and start accumulating your FAQs, start finding answers to them and add them to a 'Knowledge Base' developers can search and sort and or place a ticket in so that someone competent can provide answers to developers that pay you MONEY for wasting their time with this back and forth NON-SENSE!

BTW in the United States, we have laws called HIPPA... which basically makes it against the law for me to grant you Super User access to our backend. Which is why you won't get it from me.

I did setup the JA Directory in the above link and it works great.

The development server can be accessed since we haven't put any info in yet. Production will never be available to third party users due to this issue, so your standard 'Grant me Admin Access to the Backend' isn't going to cut it.

You have a choice, you can get this install to work and I will create a super user account for that purpose, or I can put JA Directory in again brand new and leave it at the standard Joomlart Quickstart status without the JA K2 Filter or put it in... not a real issue either way... end result is JA Directory installed and working like Joomlart demo with JomSocial 4.5 installed and also Socialize Template with Socialize Modules installed in header.

Leave the directory template as default and select the socialize for all other menu items.

Should be a piece of cake and take less than an hour... I'll take care of jomsocial integration and profile fields etc. All you need to do is get JA Directory working and JomSocial and Socialize Template installed and operational.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • User is blocked
Licenses:

FYI Installed 4.5.1Beta2 over 4.5 and it works with JA Directory... Socialize template next

www.rxgreenthumb.com/tv25

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
In the first post, you asked for the update issue of Jomsocial that is suggested to use Joomla update system easy and fast.
For the issue you mentioned in each post regarding the installation of Jomsocial i suggest to use Jomaosicla 4.5 version and install it.
JA Directory is Joomla template and Jomsocial is a component and JA K2 filter is another standalone component work with K2 component.
Till now there is no issue details shared by you regarding Jomsocial.

Jomsocial not working does not give any information what is not working?
Can not access Jomsocial in Joomla admin? any error?

How I help you if you will not share issue details and site details for Jomsocial not working.
Please check support policy: www.jomsocial.com/support-policy
If you have any other new topics like JA K2 filter working, kindly open a separate thread, as merging different issue on one topic only create confusion and add delay.
We are working on new forum system to make the support easy for all other network sites as well. So you can put questions on other products at one place.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Michael
  • User is blocked
Licenses:

JomSocial 4.5 DOES NOT WORK! Only 4.5.1Beta2 What part of that are you NOT UNDERSTANDING!@!!!

Once again waste of my time no answers and not a single step by step response which has been asked for time and again....

Here is how you should respond...

To install JomSocial with the Joomlart JA Directory template and the JomSocial Socialize template perform the following steps...

STEP 1... explain in CONCISE detail what to download with EXACT file names from what source... unzip it whatever has to happen.

Theoretically I should be able to install JA Directory via quickstart and add the JomSocial 4.5 and Socialize Template and everybody should play nice.

CONCISE the word being used is CONCISE

as in

con·cise
kənˈsīs/Submit
adjective
giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.

keyword comprehensive... so far we have played pathetic forum tag and NOTHING is resolved.

Place a 'CONCISE' set of instructions here or get someone who can please.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
there is nothing like your question were not replied, in each post you are posting different discussion that does not show any specific issue.
Please try these steps for installation Jomsocial and socialize template :

1. to install Jomsocial Go to My downloads jomsocial.com/my-downloads
Download Jomsocial > Unzip the package and install the Jomsocial 4.5 to your Joomla site.
Jomsocial 4.5.1 beta 1 is not for live sites but you can test it, if any issue in the installation kindly share site details and issue details.

2. To instal socialize template Go to My downloads page > download the template and T3 plugin and install it on Joomla via Joomla extension manager installer.

3. Set the template as default to use it for all page.

4. JA Directory and Socialize both are Joomla template and installed by standard Joomla installation method like you used for socialize. You can assign any of the templates on Josmocial pages.

Please note : Socialize template fully support Jomsocial style and with JA Directory template Jomsocial use its own default style.

Since this thread is for socialize and Jomsocial I request you to for further new topics for JA Directory kindly post on JA Directory forum
Here: www.joomlart.com/forums/forum/joomla-tem...s-only/ja-directory/
here is JA Directory template documentation for its configuration and installation process: www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-directory

Hope I answered your question on this topic.

Best Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński