The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

upgrade 4.5.0 spinning wheel

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I have Jomsocial 4.3.4, Joomla 3.8.1, php 5.6.27

1- I can not find a way to download the ijoom installer and can not find it in my admin area
2- I tried to update to 4.5 today from 3.4.3 and it just kept spinning so I tried a tier update by dropping the zip in the joomla install and was only able to get to 4.3.4 which worked quick and well I then tried 4.4.1 which I had in a file and no luck it just kept spinning, I then tried 4.4.5 , no luck
3- I went back to the forum found a issue with a installer file in the components/com community called dummy or something and found no such file to delete.
4- Also found a forum post to clear up the Profile/Joomla1.6 warning issue and found file attached in a small square box that did not correct the issue fully put added a unusable screen with no skin
5- checked back and the joomla update checker shows there is an update for jomsocial but the one click install fails and sends a link to your site to download a manual drop zip file.

Please advise because this is our development url rainbowrv.org and I need to duplicate this on the main site .com
Thanks in advance

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

The uploading process is really slow on your site, well, I need your FTP access.. I will try another method to install Jomsocial.

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Dimas that is fine but will I need to updae via ftp every time? I just went on and changed the .htaccess to use php 7.1.1 then went to the admin again and it has still been spinning now for 12 min. no error message is there someting else wrong?.

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

In the future the update will be easier, you can do it from Extenstions Manager->Update, but since you use old version so you dont have that feature yet.

Upgrade via FTP only for this upgrade, no need it in the future :)

Im waiting the FTP access then ;)

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

OK I sent ftp access for the test development site, by making an edit to my first post in this thread. I will then need to have you do the same on my live site. I turn off front end access to the development site. I am hopeful that this change will fix the "user profile edit Joomla 1.6 error message" Thanks for your time with this issue
Greg in California USA

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please check, your site is using the latest version now.. and the 1.6 error message issue already solved as well :)

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

OK cool that looks great on the development site Rainbowrv.org . I will send ftp details for my live site Rainbowrv.com, can you update that as well?

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Yes please provide it as well.

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you for being prompt. I have included the login details below
Greg

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please check, your jomsocial already use the latest version now.

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you. It works great . I am happy to be a Jomsocialite for the last 8 years. Your team is the best
Greg California USA

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

You're welcome, thank you for your loyality, we appreaciate it :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński