Embedly API not working

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Before signing up with embedly, their cards worked fine. I didn't want their branding on my site so I signed up for the paid service which gave me an API key. Now posting links does not work properly. It begins like it is going to work,and the layout looks fine, but when I click post, it says "Loading content, please wait.." but it never loads the content. Support from Embedly said: "It looks like your integration does not seem to be working properly and all the card embed codes are malformed. We do not have any knowledge of the Joomla plugin, so you will need to email the creator support for it."

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ian.

Thank you for contacting us and reporting this issue.
I assign developer to investigate this issue further.
He'll contact you tomorrow.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ian,

You need update your jomsocial to the latest version for fixing the issue..

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

I updated Joomla and my jomsocial is already running the latest version (Version installed: 4.2.4) but the issue
The issue is still there. Can you please advise :)

Ian

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ian,

The latest version is 4.3.4, please you renewal your account from "My Account" page, and upgrade with the latest version..

thank you

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ok, I will renew my account again. Is there a promo code or something to make it less expensive? Will I need to keep paying $200 every year to have the website continue to operate properly?

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Here is the promocode "JSOCIAL30"

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Lol. Thank you Dimas but I have just upgraded at the full price. About 5 mins ago. Oh well, I'm happy to pay for the customer service you guys give. So now that I have the new files unzipped, I have no idea how to upgrade. Are you able to help me through it, or even better, are you able to do it for me? :)

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

You can install this package com_community_4.3.4.zip directly from Joomla installer.. but your server has the issue caused by upload_max_filesize configuration, you need increase that to at least 32M

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,
I have increased my upload limits on my CPanel but I am still not confident to do the JomSocial Upgrade. I thought that there are old files to go through and delete. Can you tell me if that is the case? Will I need to manually remove things or reconfigure things to have the new on work and also look like the old version? I would really appreciate it if you could do the upgrade for me. Is that an option?

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Everything will be fine, no need reconfiure, as long as you dont have modification code it will be fine, but anyway.. please you backup all your data first with akeeba backup, if done please let me know, I will try to help you upgrade the software :)

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I have daily backups of site files and data base through my CPanel hosting, so all good to go for it :)

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Ian,

Please check again, it should be fine now.. but only will work for new post stream :)

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,
That you very much for doing the update for me. I am very grateful. The only issue with the embedly integration is that there is still the "Powered by Embedly" branding/link at the bottom of each card. The monthly paid subscription to Embedly was supposed to eliminate seeing their logo at the bottom of each post when the API code is being used. What are your thoughts on this?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński